Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy I've been trying to get my 88 running again and I just oin pointed my problem. The ECU is fried taking fuses out everytime I try to crank it. My question is what problems might I run into by putting my pm6 9L into the 88 that originally had a PM6 8L? I know the rev limit is a little higher and the fuel map is better for power, but what I don't want heppening is messing up my 89's ecu.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
So you've got two MPFI CRXs? Why not try the possibly bad ECU in the good car? That way you don't risk messing up your known good ECU. If the questionable ECU runs the good car just fine, you know both ECUs are good and that the problem is in the bad car's wiring.
Oh... Since the ECU fuse fries when you try to crank the engine, have you tried push-starting it instead?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I've already tried the 88's ecu in the good car and it popped the fuse in it as well. I towed to car home with the wheels on the ground and used the clutch to slow the car down arround tight corners so push starting is not going to help at all. I'm just trying to make sure that the good ECU won't be hurting anything in the 88 since it is a different ecu but only slightly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.