Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a EDM hood and just try installing it. The hood will not close which I knew it wouldn't. Should I try to get JDM/EDM rad support or try to move the hole that which the rod spring thing goes in?
It looks like it only needs to be move about a inch. Any DIY on this?

·
Administrator
16,557 Posts
These pics aren't the best, but they show how I did it.

The hood-side latch gets its mount holes moved forward, and the T-bar gets spaced out some. I used longer bolts and some generic nuts as spacers.

There is a correct T-bar for this, but it has to be from a 90 or 91 JDM EF6 or EF7, and they're not so easy to come by. The EF8 (SiR) or EE8 (VT) T-bar doesn't help at all, unless you swap the whole front bulkhead.

Edit: Here's a pic of the EF6/7 T-bar (gray), to show how it pushes the latch forward. It bolts on and requires no modifications to line up your latch.

And here it is painted and installed:

·
Administrator
16,557 Posts
The mods to the male side of the hood latch are exactly as shown, with new holes drilled toward the front side, and the flange is slotted and bent down to make room.

There is a hole in the hood under the latch, roughly the diameter of the latch spring. This needs to be opened up some to make room to move the latch inboard.

The T-bar is spaced out with some generic nuts I had and longer bolts, and the female side of the hood latch is adjusted as far as it will go to the front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.