Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have an 88 Si. I bought an Unorthodox underdrive pulley and on the box it says for 88-91 CRX. On my 88 engine the crank is smaller than the pulley hole by about 1mm. Now, on another D16A6 I have that I don't know the year it was made, the crank pulley fits properly.

Does the 88Si have a different crank than other years or what? I've never heard of this.

I was just curious about what the deal is.

Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
731 Posts
Part way through the production year in 88 the crankshaft was changed and subsequently so was the crank pulley. They went from a 10mm bolt to a 12mm. This is what happened to the Integra as well.

The crank pulley you have will fit later 88's but not the earlier ones. Your Honda dealer will be able to tell you where the serial number separation started/ended.

-Heu

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
dohcrxl said:
Part way through the production year in 88 the crankshaft was changed and subsequently so was the crank pulley. They went from a 10mm bolt to a 12mm. This is what happened to the Integra as well.

The crank pulley you have will fit later 88's but not the earlier ones. Your Honda dealer will be able to tell you where the serial number separation started/ended.

-Heu
Damn Heu, nobody knew that! Way to come through.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.