Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up dudes and gals, here I am introducing my 92 Civic Hatch Dx I just recently adquired. Its stock, missing a few things here and there, such as Carpet, Rear speakers, floor mats, and good rims. It still has the D15b7 with a generic intake But the last owner sold it to me with a side B16A2 complete engine that thru out a rod main baring.

Just like all hondas that are not taken care like they are suppose to, it has some rust in (lucky me) one rear quarter, I still gotta clean it and finish inspecting it. For the price I paid, I think is worth it.

Teaser Pic...

Mean while, I also landed in a great deal with a Complete B20B Block, $250 for this bad boy.

I am gonna clean and detail the hatch and daily drive it during the winter, I am gonna try to get all the necesary parts to get this B20/VTEC going and assemble it only when everything is in my shop.

So here is another build thread to look foward. Ohh yeah, I am not gonna make a 250 WHP NA, just a simple 190-200HP with some good old torque. :nod: :mrgreen: :)b

Edit for the PArts list and Plans:
HEAD
-BLOX camshaft
-BLOX Adjustable Cam Gears
-BLOX Dual Springs
-BLOX Spring Retainers
-Stock valves
-BLOX IM (Found Used)
-BLOX 68MM TB (Found Used)
-B18C Timing Belt
-310cc injectors (out of a 08 Si)
-Catch-Can set up (same as my CRX)

BLOCK
-Generic VTEC Conversion Kit (They all do the same, so no big $)
-84mm YCP High Comp Pistons
-ARP B20/B16 head Studs
-KMS Block Guard
-Stock Rods
-Cometic HG
-ARP Rod Bolts
-B18B Water Pump
-B18B Oil Pump
-B18B Tencioner
-Stock Oil Pan
-OEM Bearings and Gaskets

DRIVE TRAIN
-Whatever B Series Trans comes first.

EXTRAS
-DC 4-2-1 B18 Header (The one I had on the CRX before Turbo)
-2.5 inch Exhaust (Might get a Generic brand depending on how much would be to build one)
-Generic CAI
-Already have a P28 with Demon and license (Another I got cheap from HRTuning.com/forum)
-B18 Stock Resurfaced Fly Wheel
-ACT Clutch
-Integra Axles (Dependant of what Middle Shaft I get)

As I mention, My power goals are 190-200 WHP reliable. feel free to give your opinion on the parts list, I am willing to change/update any parts from it. You can see that I'll be using BLOX everything on the head, they are cheaper than SK2 and any other manufacturer out there, but a little better than OEM, I think, lol.

Adilson

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Good find NY...
I had an EG hatchy...they are fun and aftermarket support for this car is incredible..
Keep us posted..

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today I got a lot of junk out of the hatch, cleaned the back... OMG how much **** was there. I took the seats out cleaned them. The last thing I gotta do is detail the engine bay. I am gonna need a new FRAGO for that one, and some Delta Soldiers, it is supposed to be red, but its not, lets just leave it like that.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, here is some updates...
Since the CRX is still wating for the ARP stuff, I borrowed the front wheels and tires for the Hatch because the tires it came with were sooooo bad that I cant describe it.
I went Junk Yard shopping today, and found some good pieces for the engine and the interior.
B18A1 Alternator $20.00

93 Hatch EX Center console $15.00

93 Hatch EX Trunk cover, Needs to be clean, but is in good condition, Rear speaker cover, Windshield Trims, and some more stuff. $15.00 for all.

B18A1 Main Pully $10.00

93 Hatch Passenger side rear view mirror, Black $25.00

Still need a carpet, but for now is good.

More over, I got my pistons and block guard in, next in the list is the bearings and ARP Rod bolts, So hopefully at the end of december or early January the block will go to the machine shop.

Here are some pictures of the hatch with the CRX Rims, and the rear view mirror installed

I'll keep this updated as I go working on it. I still have to post images of the engine bay and interior so that will come later too.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, since I am done with the rex, now I am just watin on the tires to arrive... I have done some work on this thing.
DONE:
1- Complete tune-up (Spark plugs, SP wires, Dizzy cap, rotor, igniter, added fuel lines and injector cleaner, and some other miscs)
2- Fixed my non working headlight
3- Fixed the windshield wipers front and rear.
4- Installed an old radio and speakers (DD'ing with music sucks)
5- Interior light works now,
6- kinda picked up most of the trash from the inside, still need to clean it good.
7- Installed a window crank handle on the passenger side, it was broken
8- Tried to fix the speedometer, but failed. I think I need a new VSS.
9- Adjusted the Ebrake
10- installed a new Autozone horn, its loud (might do the same on the rex)
11- installed new battery
12- Inspected the suspension for worn out parts, Man I need everything down there lol.

Well, I still need to clean the interior very good to get rid of the JY smell, and detail the engine bay so it can look like a good car. I am loving the 35-40mpg this thing is giving me, the engine sounds healthy for 169551 miles, I have the clap clap clap sound from the axles but that is anotated in the to do/fix list.

TO DO:
1- Order and install shocks and springs (might use the old coilover set up I had on the CRX just to lower it.)
2- Order and Install Brake Components (I am getting these from Autozone, since is my DD, I am not doing anything big for it)
3- Order and Intall carpet (looking for a used one, but wont mind getting a new one)
4- Intall the other 2 rims from the CRX
5 order or adquire a set of axles

I am gonna get this puppy running good, healthy and up to standards so it can last. I am very surprised that a Junk Yard vehicle was gonna be this good, lol.

Now for Pics...
Front straighten out

Exterior blemishes, hits and rust. I tried getting rid of the big dents with Ball hammer and a towell.

Interior Shot..

Engine Bay, I installed a No brand Ebay Intake tube and filter because the stock intake arm was completly messed up

This is going to be a fun restoration. I am planning to fix that rust myself the cheap way, cutting that rusted area and welding a piece of aluminum, bondo it and paint. As far as the hits and dents, well If I cant get them out, I am gonna bondo and sand them out. Paint and everything else will be done by me.

So stand by for more.

Adilson

·
Registered
20,285 Posts
nylumiro24 said:
I am very surprised that a Junk Yard vehicle was gonna be this good, lol.
What you've fixed so far is relatively small stuff, which just goes to show you, it's amazing what ppl will give up on because they can't, don't know how to or are flat out too lazy to figure it out.
:)b
The other side of that coin , it's those same ppl that take on some ungodly huge, over their head, POS project and try to resurrect it. :lol:

Great start on getting the car up to snuff on maintenance!

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Baker said:
nylumiro24 said:
I am very surprised that a Junk Yard vehicle was gonna be this good, lol.
What you've fixed so far is relatively small stuff, which just goes to show you, it's amazing what ppl will give up on because they can't, don't know how to or are flat out too lazy to figure it out.
:)b
The other side of that coin , it's those same ppl that take on some ungodly huge, over their head, POS project and try to resurrect it. :lol:

Great start on getting the car up to snuff on maintenance!
Yeap, you are right about that. I am the point that I can resell it for a profit, but wont do that. :mrgreen:
And yes, I just knocked out the basics to get this started and back in the road safely.
Until I am completely done with it, By that I mean complete suspension, interior, brakes, and the actual swap, I wont do the heart transplant, It might be early to mid Feb until the B20VTEC gos in.

Adilson

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
nylumiro24 said:
Edit for the PArts list and Plans:
HEAD
-BLOX camshaft Stock cams will be better for your choice and make the power you want.
-BLOX Adjustable Cam Gears Not needed with oem cams
-BLOX Dual Springs Stock cams can use stock springs
-BLOX Spring Retainers I rather have oem ones rather then most aftermarket ones
-Stock valves
-BLOX IM (Found Used) They should be ported since they have a lot of casting flaws
-BLOX 68MM TB (Found Used) Look at my sig, PB tuning has better TB on the cheap
-B18C Timing Belt
-310cc injectors (out of a 08 Si) Or H22a once there 310 as well.
-Catch-Can set up (same as my CRX)

BLOCK
-Generic VTEC Conversion Kit (They all do the same, so no big $) True, just dont run a small line for oil from the oil sending unit
-84mm YCP High Comp Pistons Good choice
-ARP B20/B16 head Studs
-KMS Block Guard No need for this even if it where a boosted motor.
-Stock Rods
-Cometic HG Oem mls is cheaper
-ARP Rod Bolts
-B18B Water Pump BAD idea, the pully is a lot smaller then the vtec one, must use B16 or gsr
-B18B Oil Pump Use the B20 one since it flows about the same as the vtec oil pumps, a must for this.
-B18B Tencioner
-Stock Oil Pan
-OEM Bearings and Gaskets

DRIVE TRAIN
-Whatever B Series Trans comes first. Hum I have my Type-R trans out my crx im thinking of selling, but it has no diff.

EXTRAS
-DC 4-2-1 B18 Header (The one I had on the CRX before Turbo) Ebay Tri-Y made more power on the dyno then the DC one
-2.5 inch Exhaust (Might get a Generic brand depending on how much would be to build one) Most no name brans sound nasty bad.....
-Generic CAI
-Already have a P28 with Demon and license (Another I got cheap from HRTuning.com/forum)
-B18 Stock Resurfaced Fly Wheel
-ACT Clutch
-Integra Axles (Dependant of what Middle Shaft I get)

As I mention, My power goals are 190-200 WHP reliable. feel free to give your opinion on the parts list, I am willing to change/update any parts from it. You can see that I'll be using BLOX everything on the head, they are cheaper than SK2 and any other manufacturer out there, but a little better than OEM, I think, lol. 200 Hp should not be a problem.

Adilson
Car looks good! Btw lose the block graud its not need. Most people say the stock sleeves are weak, then I introduce them to about 5 friends of mine that have/ have had boosted B20 motors. Most of them made 300hp for a long time, all of them sold there setups after a year, one still has his 3 years later.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
little update... Block is at the Machine Shop, head is ready to be assembled. But, sold the hatch to my brother :cry: , he really needed a car and I helped him out, I paid nothing pretty muchand sold it for 1200.... now I am searching for a Civic Wagon either FWD or RT AWD.... B20vet will go in it when i find it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.