Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A way you can encourage more users to register, is to set each forum permission to (Registered, Hidden). This will make it so a user has to be registered in order to view the forums. I find it usually causes hits to skyrocket.

Jeff :D

·
Registered
633 Posts
Just my opinion but I HATE forum's like that where you HAVE to sign up just to look around, That's why I NEVER joined the Recource.
How do you know if you want to join if you cant browse it first?
I didn't think this place was worried anout "hits"
And I thought we wanted quality of members not exactly quantity... :roll:

just my thoughts

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
yeah i wont join a forum if i cant lurk for a while first. plus i think if we make it to where you have to register to view it changes how we come up on a web search, ie. google.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
There are probable lots of lurkers out there on this board..... they will sign up once they need to make a post about a question or something with there car..... . I agree i do not like when i have to sign up just to see a link or something. . . . . . .goto to give Baker props though for thinking about the good sucess of the board.....

keep the ideas coming people.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Yeah, what everybody else said. Plus search engines can't find our quality content if it's setup that way.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
black_krix_si said:
yeah i wont join a forum if i cant lurk for a while first. plus i think if we make it to where you have to register to view it changes how we come up on a web search, ie. google.
Thats a very good point I didnt think of... :shock:

·
Registered
247 Posts
some forums i only lurk on. this is the only site i sort of contribute to. i havent been doing much of that lately either (ive run out of stupid questions to ask :p)

but seriously, private forums for members only is unfair for the shy people on the internet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts