Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi people

i have an import crx its a 1.5 on a 1991 and its dual carb. now my bottom end has gone is there any chance that i could take the bottom end off a 93 honda civic 1.5 SOHC with muti point injectors and put that to my top end as my top end is perfect

or is it possible for me to just change the engine to the 1.5 out of the civic

iam at a lost

any help much appreciated

cheers

MO

·
Registered
912 Posts
All 91s are fuel injected. Not carbed. It may be more benificial for you to just swap a new engine in. You can get a d16a6(Si) motor for about 600. It would be a good increase in power.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for the quick reply

mines definitley a dual carb its says it on the engine near the back. if i had to change the engines around would i have to change the wiring aswel

cheers

mo

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Does your motor look like this one?

Its a 91 DX, Im betting anyway, It says Dual point injection on the top of the intake.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
If it has carbs on it then someone put them on. . . or there is some wacky older prelude engine or intake swapped onto it? get us a pic of the engine. . that would help alot. . . . .also what numbers and letters are on the engine id block . . . it is on the front of the engine block on the top left. . . just below the head usually buired in crud. . . . clean it off and let us know what it says there. . ..

what do you mean by imported? all hondas are imported in one way or another. . . .either mainstream imported as a car or as parts that were assembled be honda here in the states. . . and then there is the importing of a honda model on a personal car to car basis of models that we did not get here. . . . like the japanese SIR RHD CRX. .

let us know more info and welcome to the board. .

Chris

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
toxiclows said:
If it has carbs on it then someone put them on.
A friend of mine got an SOHC ZC with a dual carb manifold and vacuum advance/retard distributor on it. I still have it's camshaft with the additional circular cam lobe to drive the mechanical fuel pump.
From the '88 UKDM Service Manual:

Whaddayaknow... a 1.5 liter twin carb motor.

Given the interchangability of D-series parts, yes you can probably just use the newer engine. Just swap your head, manifolds and distributer onto the new block.
In the US, the D15B2 found in '88-91 Civics/CRXs is (as far as I can tell) identical to the D15B7 found in '92-95 Civics/DelSols with the exception of the distributor (same bolt pattern, different sensor pulse pattern) and intake manifold (DPFI vs. MPFI).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry people iam from England UK and the car was imported from Japan

thanx for the advice i ve got a civic 1.5 lsi engine at a breakers yard just need to check what the code is on the engine i have been told it is a D15B2 engine but ill check myself to make sure

cheers for all the help much appreciated

let you all know what happens

ill post some pics of it later

cheers once again

MO

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
there were jdm crx's up to 91 that for carb'd. it was the 1.5x or somthing like that. Im pretty sure thats what he has. Since we dont have them here, Im not sure if it can be done easily or not. Maybe SETI knows?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
yeah wow. . .thats definatly carbed. . . . . sorry for the misinformation... We dont get to see alot of carbed d series engines over here. .

should be ale to use a regular d series bottom end no problem and bolt your carbed setup and head on to it. . . . ..good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a JDM D15B(non vtec) for my 91 CRX and it had dual carbs
no way it was older than 91, it was/is pristine

I just pulled the dpfi IM from my old engine along with the EM
and put the mannys on the JDM engine
plugged the wires back in and it runs like a top

you should have no problems

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.