Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so my car started throwing a code 13 on me. my mechanic said that since the air is getting colder, it's more dense and that it should go away on it's own. then, the same day he said this the car starts giving me code 13 and 1. oxygen sensor, right? ok, no other problems other than the engine light is on. so, i figure i'll fix it this weekend. then 2 days ago, i was giving my friend a ride to the airport and when i start it, it stutters. then as i start driving, at a stop it would stutter and stall. but it did start, and runs fine when actually moving. but as soon as i got to a stop, stutter... stop. i was driving it like that and then yesterday i was at a drive thru and got frustrated with the accelerting to keep it on, so i turned it off. after a couple minutes waiting, i started the car and the engine light did not come on. at stops it doesn't stutter or stop anymore. is this a gremlin that has come and gone, or should i change the O2 out anyway? thanx fo the help in advance.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Is it still giving you a code. If so, try resetting the system and see if that clears the code.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will it give a code eventhough the engine light is NOT on? i will check anyway.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I don't think I've ever read about a baro sensor going bad. Make sure your thermostat ground and battery-frame-transmission ground points are clean and tight.
Is the stuttering accompanied by the tach fluttering or dropping?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the thing is the stuttering is gone, but when it was stuttering, yes the tach would drop to about 200 and bounce up, or stall out. now that it's gone, it does nothing. it runs perfect, and no check engine light. howeve i did check the ecu and sure enough it is still throwing codes 13 and 1, but now it is also throwing a 3(MAP)... HELP!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Break out the voltmeter. Find the baro sensor - it should be bolted to the body just above the passenger kick panel, near the blower motor. It has a 3 pin connector. Unplug it's connector and turn the ignition on. Check the voltage between the yel/wht wire (+) and the body... You should see 5 volts. Check between the yel/wht wire and grn/wht wires... Again, should be 5 volts. Check between the red/wht wire (+) and grn/wht wires... Should be 5 volts. Plug the connector back in, check the red/wht and grn/wht wires again and post the voltage.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Before doing all that, Reset the ECU by disconnect the battery for 10+ seconds and reconnect it back up. That will reset any of the codes the car was throwing. Your check engine light is reset after you turn the key off, but the ecu will hold the trouble code intill its reset. The book says to remove the Hazard fuse but its just as easy to disconnect the battery. After resetting the ECU, turn the car back on and check to see if its still throwing the codes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, this morning i changed te o2 sensor out and reset the ECU. error codes 1 and 3 are gone, but 13 still persists.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.