Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went against the recommendations of a lot of people and I got the Energy Suspension motor mount inserts. Just got done installing them an hour ago. They are exactly what I expected.

Before, I had some pretty bad bouncing between the engine and chassis. I had replaced the front transmission motor mount a couple months ago and that helped a little bit, but didn't solve the problem. Now, after the ES inserts, it IS solved, and I'm happy again! It's like my engine has come alive. I was losing a lot of power through the squishy rubber bushings.

The only downside is the increased vibrations from the engine. But so far, it's not as bad as I thought it would be after all the bad reviews I've read. You can feel it a lot in the steering wheel and shifter, and mostly only while idling. My personal preference so far is that I like it. The solid feel and obvious extra power transfer is worth it.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Naw, the inserts really aren't that bad at all. Just have to keep an eye on them and make sure they stay in place.. they like to get squished out. lol.

Another alternative in the future by the way is the Mugen motor mounts... $210, but they are a VERY nice alternative. A good friend of mine has them in his ITA CRX, and they handle the engine nice, and its not too 'vibration-y' at all.

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/product.asp?detail=1486

8)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Bookmarked. I am currently driving without a front transmission mount. When I replaced my clutch a couple weeks ago the front mount fell apart when the trans was removed.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have had them in my Hatch now for a few years. Put them in when I did the zc swap. I like them alot. Now I have to tear the rest of my suspension apart and put the poly bushings in there!

later

Sneak

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
They (prothane's) don't bother me, but most of my friends that ride in my car can't stand them... they wonder why the heck it shakes so much, lol

·
Registered
416 Posts
Don't know if it is true or not but I have heard that current Honda O.E.M. mounts are now the exact same as the Mugen mounts. Can anyone confirm this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts