Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, a quick question. I have my 89 HF (pic) with a new exhaust set up.

Plus I have an 89 DX with stock exhaust (pic).

So, can I just swap from the header on back from the HF to the DX? I'm keeping the DX and selling the HF. What header is better? And is this a bad idea, I've been having several lately.

Thanks
BP

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Do you have the stock header on both? The DX one is "better" but the HF manifold can be used for a turbo manifold. Also the DX cat is in the same location as the Si (under the shift linkage) whereas the HF one sits up near the head, in front of the engine.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
downest said:
Do you have the stock header on both? The DX one is "better" but the HF manifold can be used for a turbo manifold. Also the DX cat is in the same location as the Si (under the shift linkage) whereas the HF one sits up near the head, in front of the engine.
The HF has straight through exhaust, no cat. and both stock headers.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Besides being on the wrong side of the car, that muffler looks really low to the ground. It'll probably scrape on the ground when you go up hills and go over steep speed bumps.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stick said:
Besides being on the wrong side of the car, that muffler looks really low to the ground. It'll probably scrape on the ground when you go up hills and go over steep speed bumps.
I noticed that too. The kid who had it before me did kind of a crappy job. I haven't driven it much, I like the DX.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I'd stick with the DX manifold and catalytic converter setup. If in the future, you want to swap to a DC sports header (or other aftermaket manifold), it'll be a simple swap. The HF setup is the oddball in the CRX family.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stick said:
I'd stick with the DX manifold and catalytic converter setup. If in the future, you want to swap to a DC sports header (or other aftermaket manifold), it'll be a simple swap. The HF setup is the oddball in the CRX family.
All right, thanks for the information! I think I'll stick with the stock exhaust. Another question, if I install an intake on the DX will that screw with the performance of the car any? In a negative way I should say. Keep in mind the rest of the car is bone stock.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Blackbird_Pilot said:
All right, thanks for the information! I think I'll stick with the stock exhaust. Another question, if I install an intake on the DX will that screw with the performance of the car any? In a negative way I should say. Keep in mind the rest of the car is bone stock.
It might increase your performance a bit at the expense of fuel economy. It's a trade off. However, without the performance header, cat and exhaust, you won't see the full performance benefits of the intake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.