Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,568 Posts
My roomate and my cousin both have H&R coilover suspension. That kit you are looking at is the bargain basement 'cup kit' model, with progressive (read: soft and unpredictable) springs, designed for street comfort. In that vein, your probably gonna get a higher value out of the similair tokico all in one setup (though I still advise against that).

My cousin purely daily drives his car, and he has the next model up with linear springs (though still too soft in my opinion, and getting sprgin rates our of HR is like pulling teeth), but he really likes them.

My roomate has the the next model higher then that even, and he bought the ones for the S4 instead of his A4.....always ahd a problem iwth them being undersprung, come to find out they only have 450lb springs! weve alse had problems with the collars locking up and he had a damper die on him. warranty service was slow, but came through.

I would adivse against that setup personally, and suggest AGXs/HR springs or konis/gcs. If you are on a really tight budget look into the koni specials (reds) they are non adjustable and a little cheaper. I normally wouldnt say to pick them up, but for a non adjustable damper, they are pretty damn good.

[email protected]

· Registered
6,568 Posts
youll have to let us know how you like them. i didnt see the price on there, if you dont mind, how much did they cost?

im sure for DD duty they will be more then sufficient and I hope you have good luck with them.

[email protected]

· Registered
6,568 Posts
i forgot to mention my other roomate, also with an A4, had the cup kit on his car and he liked them alot. he was into the 'look of low', i always felt tehy were too soft. but they worked great for him. the dampers lasted about 3 years in his case.

[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.