Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, what is everyones favorite shoe brand or even shoe in specific for driving? im about due for a new pair of shoes so i was thinking hey why not get some input to try and find out what everyone else finds that work well for kicking the pedals around and still being comfortable.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I have a substantial collection of skateboard shoes, and especially the more snug fitting ones work fine.
(I don't wear them laces dragging on the ground flopping around my feet)

However, I do have a pair of puma/sparco driving shoes. But they aren't too comfortable to walk on.
I'm looking at buying a set of these:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use wrestling shoes for autocrossing. If you live near an outlet mall that has a Nike store you might want to give them a look. I paid $15 for the first pair and they work just a well as 'real driving shoes' for autocross.

Scott

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've got a pair of Puma Speedcats that I like a lot for driving. They're basically just a low-top version of Puma's driving shoes, but without Nomex. My dad got me some Replicats for Christmas that I like. They're still too new to walk around in (they're my nice shoes) but it's the same idea.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I have some GBX sneakers with leather soles. They have a few rubber patches on the bottom, but they're really thin and light, excellent for driving. I can't find the model/ style number unfortunately. I used to use my Converse Allstar low tops, and sometimes Adidas Sala/Supernova/Sambas.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
It depends where im going on which shoes I wear... If Im going to work, its usually high heels or fancy flip flops, if its just out with some friends to a movie or something, its my AirWalks... to the beach, flip flops... on a long drive more than 2 hour, I drive with bare feet... I know... ILLEGAL.... but what cop is gonna stop me to look at my feet really?!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
danielleb said:
but what cop is gonna stop me to look at my feet really?!
Yeah, that's exactly why it's illegal. Just to give cops something to harass you about. It has nothing to do with safety. I'm sure you have your car "under control". Until you don't.

Women driving with heels, flip/flops and bare feet are a danger to themselves, and everybody around them. I can't say it any "nicer" than this. (and I won't)

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
i tihnk its kind of pointless to get a "driving" shoe. its purely for fashion.

"racing" shoes are made for those in closed cockpits where space is limited at the footwell (think the nose of a F1 or CART). not sedans where the footwell is plenty spacious.

the second aspect is fire retardant material. real good that does for anyone not already wearing a fire retardant suit.

the last aspect is light weight. pretty much speaks for itself.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
tyson said:
i tihnk its kind of pointless to get a "driving" shoe. its purely for fashion.
I disagree. Normal shoes are often clunky. And most "sports" shoes have those cumbersome knobby profiles that get stuck in the pedals.

Most of the shoes I showed, for instance, aren't full "racing" shoes. I agree nomex shoes are useless. They're close enough, sole wise. Pedal feel isn't something you should compromise when you go driving. (not commuting)
Why spend a couple of grand on suspension and brakes, only not to feel what you're doing because you're wearing glorified clogs.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
ill admit, those brown stitched adidas are a pretty hot looking shoe. (just searched, they are adidas tuscany and discontinued. search ebay tho.)

the new puma futurecat with black/black is pretty cool too. i wanted to buy a pair but im too cheap.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
SETI20 said:
danielleb said:
but what cop is gonna stop me to look at my feet really?!
Yeah, that's exactly why it's illegal. Just to give cops something to harass you about. It has nothing to do with safety. I'm sure you have your car "under control". Until you don't.

Women driving with heels, flip/flops and bare feet are a danger to themselves, and everybody around them. I can't say it any "nicer" than this. (and I won't)
Fair Enough... You are intitled to YOUR opinion! :)

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
HackAbuse said:
I like a good pair of skate shoes, I put on the smallest pair I can fit (mens size 5).

I find that the smaller shoe I wear, the more easily i can manuever my feet around
size five!! holy micro-foot, batman!

You'd have better odds in a mine field than me! :p

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.