Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been slowly working on the two 1gens I picked up, and am to the point where I need to figure out how the fuel is going to get from the tank to the fuel rail. Here's the problem:

FI cars had a rubber line that went from the pressurized side of the fuel pump to a screw-on fitting on the end of the main hard line that runs to the fuel filter in the engine bay. The carbed car I'm using as a shell does not have this fitting on the main fuel line, just a barb. How do I make the electric pump and carbed line work together? Am I going to have to swap the FI line into the shell just for that fitting?

Another question regarding the hard lines: The FI model has two large lines and a small one, where as the carbed car has one large and two small lines. I'm assuming the additional large line is for increased fuel return volume. Will I need to swap that as well, or will the small line suffice?

Another long post, but thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I have no experience with 1st gens, but I can give you some rule of thumb advice.

Just keep the diameter of the bigger lines as the minimum. Just to be on the safe side. Apart from that, it doesn't really matter how you hook up the fuel lines. I'd fabricate up some hard lines as long as the lines are in the interior of the car. Short of that, use steel braided fuel hose.

In the engine bay, anything goes. I'm not using any of the stock fuel lines anymore. I'm looking into replacing all the hoses with braided ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts