Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
toxiclows said:
you bought a low milage crx?
You sucessfully rolled back your odometer?
HA!

Some of you (Scott) knew I was getting this. I've been waiting a long time to get this car. It belonged to a friend of mine, who bought it ten years ago with just under 10k on the clock from the original owner. That's original miles, 74.5k, he hasn't driven it much in the last 10 years. I've seen it with all kinds of mods, until it was stolen and then recovered last fall. As a result, the hood is off his other E-mod car (28k original miles :shock: ) and it's unfortunately god some scratches from being keyed in NYC. I got it with the only mods being Koni Yellows, Powerslot rotors, GC custom rate coilovers (trying to get the spring rates from him, this thing is STIFF!), and a Thermal R&D exhaust. It's also on some Azenis RT-215 that I sold him a while back, they still are near new. The neat thing is, a lot of the interior stuff hasn't been used much, like the wheel and shift knob, they were aftermarket until the theft pretty much. I never knew there was texture on the OEM knob!

Anyway, I can't sleep much now, the plan for the day is to swap the stock A6 out and get my SOHC VTEC in there, as well as the exhausts and the wheels between the two cars. A friend of mine is buying my car from me with the virgin A6.

Sorry about the pics, I don't have a good digi cam, that's my phone, and at the time I took them I'd been up for over 24 hours and covered 600 miles in that time, most of it in the seat of that car, stiff and with no music!

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SETI20 said:
Whiner. I did more miles than that, on a similar setup, with PU bushings, in sparco seats, without a radio. :lol:
600+ lb springs in the rear, and yes, it does have poly bushings, though unfortunately, no sparcos.

So I spent the afternoon and evening swapping the motors and stuff, I'm done with the new car minus exhaust, and I'm waiting for stef to get back from NYC to give me my battery. The old car, now my friend's, needs the passenger axle put in, a few minor things wired up, and he's good to go too. We took a lot of pics, on his camera, hopefully I can get them up tomorrow. Everyone was very amused, the first thing I did when I got the A6 out was hop in there with a bucket of simple green, they got some good ones of me getting filthy in there, but it's sparkling clean now!

I learned some unfortunate things about the new car when I got it on the lift. First off, something I knew, I need a new rear driver's LCA, the sway bar bolt is broken off inside the arm, so the endlink is dangling. Also the front sway mount on the driver's side is missing... not the endlink, the semi-circular bushing thing. I also need 2 new radius rod bolts, the ones on the passenger's side are wrong. Under the hood, the only thing missing is the washer reservoir and pump, which I imagine the PO has and will give to me when I see him next. The interior will need some touching up, the car was stolen and recovered last fall, so it needs a few little things that were broken, speaker covers and the like. The door panels also don't seem to be perfectly lined up. The seats are good, better foam than the old ones, but there is a repaired tear in one of the bolsters, no big deal really. It's also missing rust, and I have looked all over the damn thing for a crack which seems to not be on the climate control, but I can't locate it. There are a lot of little things that are making me miss the old car, but with the same motor and everything, it's really not going to be that much different.

There are good things though. First off, I got to examine the brakes, I have new OEM calipers, EBC green stuff pads, and power slot rotors. The hard lines are also all new, though I was again disappointed to see the 7/8" master cylinder. Guess I'll have to read my own write up... maybe I'll use the civic EX one this time. I can't complain about the brakes though, they are a lot better than my old ones. I also have poly bushings all over the car, something I should have known, since I've known the PO and autocrossed with him before, guess I just forgot. I was going to take my nearly new poly shifter bushings out of the old car, but there's no need (the shifter does have to be shortened like the old one though). I am very happy with the stiffer springs, and the Konis, but could someone tell me how to adjust them?

I'm really excited about the car, I worked pretty hard on it all day (the damn compressor is still broken!), and didn't even realise I was tired until now when I got home. The mini-me looks good in there, and I'm going to take the harness out and re-wrap it this week. I want to do some minor tucking, but mostly I just want to clean up the bay a little more. Right now it's a mess, I had to unwrap some of the harness, so there are exposed wires in some places.

Anyway, I need some sleep, hoping to drive to CT tomorrow, so I'll need the car together before early afternoon.

Pics are coming! I also think we have a few of the engine bay before I pulled it all out, Honda factory stock, he even re-installed the snorkel tube! And my old CRX is happy too, it's got another A6 under the hood, and this week will be getting teg brakes and some new bushings.

·
Registered
62 Posts
yup, I have 650 eibach springs in the rear and 750's up front with koni yellows on all four corners.Be careful or you'll get whiplash LOL. Handling and steering response is awesome though. Also those ebc green stuff pads are an excellent improvement from stock. :D

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got some pics....

My old car on the left, new one on the right:

A couple of pics of the interior with my MOMO finally mounted:

And one of the two CRXs and an old DA... belongs to my friend who bought the CRX, it was the piston donor for my engine, and soon to be boosted and rallied:

The only integra around here that's not slammed?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.