Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guess who decided to drop by the shop today???

This car looks familiar:

Why YES, it is our very own admin, crxfisher 8)

Tom stopped by the shop today to have some suspension work done (and by "stopped by", i mean he drove for like 8-9 hours from Atlanta to Orlando to have this work performed :p ).

On the line-up to have installed, is a set of KYB AGX shocks, Ground Control Coilovers, an Energy Suspension Bushing Kit, New OEM Rear Trailing Arm Bushings, Ingalls Balljoint Camber Kit, New Lower Balljoints, New Tie Rod Balljoints, and New Wheel Bearings....

Got it all done today, but here are some pics from earlier:

And of course, representing in full-fashion:

I also cant get over how nice and clean the interior is... not even the token tear in the drivers-side bolster... its amazing!

And of course.... The Man.... The Myth.... The Legend.... CRXFISHER!

yAy! :lol:

The car gets aligned tomorrow, and Tom will be driving back home with his new aqnd improved baby :)

Of course, tomorrow in the daylight, we'll get the "finished" shots... and a 'sort of' before-and-after... :twisted:

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
lookin good. you got all that done in a day? man. i spent like 2 hours this evening just doing trailing arm bushings, cleaning up teh trailing arms, and trying to get teh bushings out of the front lcas.

you guys ar efast.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Ehh, it's ok... (pretending to be a hater!) lol.

She's purty. Money well spent (point this out to your wife. lol.)

Yeah, I second the, "what brand of mats are those, I like em."

·
Registered
144 Posts
The work looks sub-par! LOL, jk. Bling bling suspension for Fisher. No more squeeky worn out bushings. It'll be like driving a new car!

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Yeah, I can't wait to drive her. I've been wanting to get this done for a long time. And yeah, I'm a cheapskate. But mainly because every upgrade I pay for, I have to pay double. Why? Because I'm married and that's the deal we have worked out. I get a sweet suspension setup, she gets a new couch, drapes, bedroom set, and other misc girly stuff. So yeah, brakes are next, then we'll think about what motor and turbo to do. And she'll get a new fence, new guest bedroom set, and a ton of other things that I wouldn't ever think of or care about. But fair is fair I guess.

The floor mats are one of a kind. Bryman was selling them at N10 and I snatched them up. They're unique because they are cut for a 2nd gen, but they have the 1st gen logo on them. At the time, they were sweet, they were red, they were rare. So I grabbed them. They've held up very well. But it really is starting to bug me about the 1st gen logo. I'd like to find some near perfect OEM mats. Two sets actually. One for daily driving, and the other to take to Niagara and the FL meets for some bling. But that costs money. That that would cost me double.

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm staying at a hotel less than a mile from the shop. The first night I couldn't sleep more than 20 min at a time because I kept jumping out of bed and running to the window to make sure my car was still out there. I NEVER leave my car out like this...EVER. I'm way too paranoid about it. But I slept great last night knowing my car was locked inside the shop. Ahhhhh.

·
Registered
144 Posts
SETI I've decided you disgust me. Your english and grammar is better than almost everyone on the forums and it isn't even your first freaking language. That is all! :)

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
SETI20 said:
So I take it she has a well paying job, and you get to spend money on the car every time she goes out to buy a new outfir "because it's summer"...

Good deal. Weather's clearing up. I feel a turbo setup coming.
Nope. My wife doesn't bring in much money. She teaches 2 days a week, but she works her butt off at home with our daughter the rest of the time. I spend enough on little things to more than make up for her little summer clothes purchases though.

·
Registered
272 Posts
shadowcrx said:
i want a suspension upgrade lol where you guys at again
Oh, me too! It'd be quite a pilgrimage for me, from Arizona, but sure would be nice. (This just shows the lack of confidence I have in the local Honda dealers... seriously considering a cross-country drive. :lol: ) How much did it cost? Can John or Tom post the figure, or PM me?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Johns worth the trip and a most gracious host.
My favorite part was when he took me out to the swamp and fed me gator.

...and no, I'm not kidding.

·
Registered
272 Posts
grouch said:
Johns worth the trip and a most gracious host.
My favorite part was when he took me out to the swamp and fed me gator.

...and no, I'm not kidding.
Hey, I've had gator... tastes like chicken, no kidding!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hehe, as another "travelling" member, I concur w/ crxfisher....John is a most gracious host. I drove from NC to Orlando (about 12 hours...gotcha beat Tom....haha) to have my custom turbo set up done, and John was very accomodating w/ everything....and yes, we did munch on some gator also :wink:

Btw, nice floor mats! I'm going to disregard Tom's comment about not feeling the 1G lettering :evil: :lol:

bryman<---drools at Tom's very clean crx

1 - 20 of 32 Posts