Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, like I posted in my turbo thread, I picked up my new rad today.

http://www.streetimports.com/product_details.asp?id=366

It's built for an EG, therfore my rad hoses are bigger than its end tanks. I need to somehow stuff something in there so it's tight, or come up with some other idea to make it work without leaking.

My B-Series hoses aren't HUGE, but they are big enough to slide on and off the end tanks with no effort. The tanks are aluminum, so I wonder if just tightning the hoses alot would deal with it, or if they would crack or something. The hoses are aftermarket, I'm assuming silicone.

Thanks for input!

Jeff

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
So someone sold you a radiator for a D-series EG... Did they not know that you have a B in your car?

Send it back if you can, or go trade it in. If you get the one made for a car with a B series in it, you'll have the proper sized inlets and outlets.

On the product description, it says for any 92-00 civic, except the 99-00 Civic Si... thats because it has a B series in it with the bigger hoses. You want either that one (the 99-00 Civic Si), or a 94/95-ish Del Sol DOHC VTEC radiator 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.