Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok last year I instaled a new ACT clutch, drove for about 1000km's and the throw out bearing return spring broke. So I garaged the car because it snowed the day after and I was just tired of working on it. Jumpp ahead to the week before N12. I fixed the trans and reinstalled it. Now it's been a couple of weeks and I'm driving home from visiting the GF's parents house. I took the sceenic route (read: nothing for miles) home. Half way we decide to pull in and get fries off a fry-truck in a small town. I put in the clutch while Im waiting to turn left and the engine idles down and dies. The result: a blown timing belt & 2 hours on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck in 99 degree weather eating greasy french fries.

The good news is that by some fluke, I got a call from a friend on Friday. He bought a 92 HB and it came with a spare d16A6 25k on a fresh rebuild and a 3-angle valve job. (minus a camshaft) He's got no room for it and I bought it for $50.

Oh and the gas tank started leaking at the seam this week.

This car is non stop work.....

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
You scored a killer deal on that engine though. That should make you happy. Yeah, it will take some work. But it will end up better than what you had. And for $50, I'd be excited! Good luck with it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha! Yes it's slightly cursed. I say that because last night when I picked up the engine, I found out that it's been ported and polished, and came with a webber DCOE intake manifold thats perfect for my future ITB plans.

OH,... and I scored a free 91 Si HB that someone has swapped in mint CRX door panels and factory LHD power windows. (a super rare option here)and I need new panels. Apparently the car has a B swap too. I go to get the car tonight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.