Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,
I have a 91SI, with a B16a1/NA
It has been sitting in FL for the last ~2 years, after it got rearended
some damage is present (pix follow)
things that I NEED to fix :
exhaust (need new, good for NA, good for turbo later) (i know won't be optimal)
dent in driver side
driver side fender trim
rear bumper
rear lights
small hole rust (bigger now?) on moonroof edge
paint chips?
anything else that needs replacing after a 2 year sit in central FL (lake whales)?
anything else perhaps?

things that i WANT :
HMT (have chipped ECU) (small boost, 7-10psi, for a bit more pep)
seats
rims/tires (something decent in 15-16")
carputer finalized (carputer is the new name for these things)
4 core rad.
lsd
anything else perhaps?

now, to do the NEED list, I don't have too much $$$ (2 grand perhaps from the get go) Have a daughter (almost 2 yr) and wife, and a fixed income (army E-5 Pay for those who might care) so.. the money will come, but slowly.
as i get the amount to fully do each thing/things on the list, i shall
I will take all advice I can, been out of the game for a while

My location come june. August GA. for ~5 months. I might beable to move the car from it's location in FL to other places/shops via a truck/trailer/my father. before that time...

just trying to make this car rock some more...

FLICKR LINK :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dr_drache/

EDIT : edited my boost from 10-15psi to 7-10psi to better reflect the "small boost" idea...
FLICKR Permissions fixed

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, I'm sure it might be
my question to all in the GA/North FL area, know anywhere I can get the body fixed up for a good deal? and perhaps some parts? I used to know alot, and I will remember more... (anyone remeber the autoshifter idea?
or perhaps the hatch? (hatch IS prototyped) )
new ideas on the shifter have come to mind.
but anyone want to invest some ideas/time to get me back on my feet?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Dr_Drache said:
well, I'm sure it might be
my question to all in the GA/North FL area, know anywhere I can get the body fixed up for a good deal? and perhaps some parts? I used to know alot, and I will remember more... (anyone remeber the autoshifter idea?
or perhaps the hatch? (hatch IS prototyped) )
new ideas on the shifter have come to mind.
but anyone want to invest some ideas/time to get me back on my feet?
I know you can source a fender off of capacertified.org and there is atleast one guy on here with a fender for sale (see Krix's going K sale in the parts forum).

Rust is a PITA I've been wondering about myself. You can find carbon fiber or fiber glass sunroof replacements if you want to save some weight around on Ebay / Honda Tech Marketplace. Occasionally you see a no rust panel for sale too. You'll have to take out the headliner, then take out the sunroof to put in the new one, but you can find detailed instructions on that elsewhere.

The quarter is really what I'm struggling with right now, you can modify EF hatch quarter replacements which are availible pretty readily to work. You can try to find a junked CRX with good quarters for cutting out / welding in. Or you can try to have someone fab up something that will look OEM good.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wow, I spent 6 months in Augusta, GA. I hated that place, I hope you have better luck. I take it your in the Signal Corps.? I was there for USAF SATCOM training. E-4 now, was in Technical school then. Went straight to Korea then to where I am now, Germany. Good luck with the repairs.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's not that I don't know what I am doing, or don't have the skills to do it, I just am lacking on time... being in the army and all. I'm just deciding I want to get this car back to nice, and am willing to spend some $$$ to do it, I just don't know the area, and don't remeber the peoples.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.