Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being that it's winter, I often track water into the floor of my crx. Have any of you guys found a decent looking rubber floormat for the crx? All I see on the internet are ugly, gawdy mats. Or should I should get some crappy carpet mats for the winter time?

-Chris

· Registered
191 Posts
I think that all-rubber mats are always going to look gaudy. Just keep them in the car for the winter and treat them as consumables. It's still better than having the carpets covered in salt and dirt.

· Registered
734 Posts
These aren't cheap, but they are probably the ultimate winter floormat: WeatherTech.

http://www.autobarn.net/weatrubfloor.html

They are always advertised in Car & Driver, Road & Track, Autoweek, and magazines that cater to high-end car owners. They hold a ton of water as the snow/ice from your shoes melts instead of just letting it run off onto your carpet.

If you have 15-20 year old black carpet that's a little beat up, these are probably not worth it. But, if you have mint carpet that you're trying to keep mint (especially a lighter colored carpet like the tan that you find in a lot of luxury/sports cars), then these are probably a good investment to ensure that your carpet will be as nice in the spring as it was in the fall.

These come in colors to match your interior, and for a purely functional winter mat, they don't look bad. But, they aren't there to look nice, they are there to protect your carpet from winter's ravages.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, just go to Autozone and get some cheap rubber mats. The water and slush will probably pool up and spill onto your carpet, but at least you're not trashing a set of stock mats in the winter.

· Registered
114 Posts
i love my floormats they are from a rsx :) im suprised how they fit just about perfect too. black rubber. they need to be cleaned though.

· Registered
5,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking for something like my brother's civic has. They actually look pretty nice, thay're from the protection package but I can't find any similar to them. Those rsx mats are the closest I see.

-Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.