Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've been seeing a lot of gen1s popping up. I think it's probably normal, a good sign that we are growing bigger. I hate seeing everyone tell them to head to RPR. Not to say that RPR is a bad site, but I don't want to alienate anyone, and personally, I really like the first gen! So if you all want to head over there, that doesn't mean you have to stop posting here!

It's not "secondgencrxcommunity.com"!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Heh , I think some of us have been here for ages( well a few months after the site started I think) I just dont have much input for any of the second gen questions and such.

you guys and your front springs and easy b series swaps 8)

1G's Rule!!

face.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
I'm not tellin' anyone to "jump ship" just that if you have a 1st Gen specific question - the folks over there are pretty damn knowledgable and to check them out. I've been a member at RPR for almost a year and they have helped me a lot. I still check in here daily, but spend most of my time at RPR. Both sites have plenty to offer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,695 Posts
I see what your saying tom, I've been guilty of mentioning RPR to a few people myself, but only after their questions have gotten a pretty flat response.

Having a group of knowledgeable first gen'ers on here would rock, I'd love to see more about them even though I don't own one myself. We shall see what happens as the site grows.

long live (first gen & second gen) CRX Community! 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,997 Posts
I'm proud to say I have a first gen.....they're smaller and I actually like them a little bit more.....I just wish they had the same aftermarket support that second gens do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,670 Posts
Floyd Pepper said:
I'm not tellin' anyone to "jump ship" just that if you have a 1st Gen specific question - the folks over there are pretty damn knowledgable and to check them out. I've been a member at RPR for almost a year and they have helped me a lot. I still check in here daily, but spend most of my time at RPR. Both sites have plenty to offer.
i agree both sites have alot of info and great people but i think when a person wants or needs to know something shouldnt they go to a place where he or she can get the awnsers they need.So thats why its great to have both sites on hand be it 1st or 2nd gen crxs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,670 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
We've got some guys here that know a thing or two about first gens. Scott (cbstd) really helped me a lot when I got my second first gen.

I think of this place more as a "club" anyway, which should include any CRX...yes, even those "3rd gen" Del Sols!
i think what i said came out wrong and im sorry for that :) but what i should have said was, yes im sure there are first genners on this site like
Scott (cbstd) (allso a member on RPR)but that doesnt mean there allways on when someone is in need ,unlike RPR that is all about 1st gen and 3gs where there is allways someone for those years of hondas ,just like this site that allways has a someone on that knows 2nd gens

did that make any sense lol i really like both sites and i dont really think it matters where the person gets the info as long as they get it .
and were not saying take off to rpr lol just check it out

i hope i did make myself sound like a ass because that wasent what i was intending
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
I'm not as active as I used to be... but take a close look at that avatar... that is a 1st gen sans body panels, doors, windshield, etc.

I have both, and I love the uniqueness of both.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,389 Posts
downest said:
Recently I've been seeing a lot of gen1s popping up. I think it's probably normal, a good sign that we are growing bigger. I hate seeing everyone tell them to head to RPR. Not to say that RPR is a bad site, but I don't want to alienate anyone, and personally, I really like the first gen! So if you all want to head over there, that doesn't mean you have to stop posting here!

It's not "secondgencrxcommunity.com"!
I agree with you, as i have also been guilty of pointing ppl with 1st gen questions over there.
Not because i hate them, but because generally speaking, this site is dominated by the 2nd gen Crx and their questionsmight be better answered in a more timely manner by folks who deal with 1st gens exclusively.

The 1st gen Crx is growing on me, just not enough support for them and finding stock parts for them is tough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,844 Posts
baker423 said:
I agree with you, as i have also been guilty of pointing ppl with 1st gen questions over there.
Not because i hate them, but because generally speaking, this site is dominated by the 2nd gen Crx and their questionsmight be better answered in a more timely manner by folks who deal with 1st gens exclusively.

The 1st gen Crx is growing on me, just not enough support for them and finding stock parts for them is tough.
Exactly. I figure if we can't exactly help them here, inform them of someplace that can. I wish the 1G guys would post more often though. I'd love to learn more about them, and hope to one day have a nice 1st gen of my own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
I have always loved the 1st gen. I have had 5 of them!

But it has always been hard getting info on them, parts for them, and love for having one! 2gs always dominate "CRX" forums. I for one thank god for RPR. We needed somewhere to go where the focus was on the 1g. The 2g community is so big and the cars are so different, intermingling is nearly impossible.

Marcus
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
I've owned both 1st gens and 2nd gens. And although I prefer 2nd gens, I still really like the 1st gens. There's a lot of little things that I miss about the 1st gen... the dash compartment, the manual choke, the open rear interior...the list goes on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
I am the co-founder of RPR and I know a thing or 2 about 1G's, but I do like to see the 1G's stay there because that's why it was created. This place is more like a new "Resource" without the head Nazi, meaning most of the cars are 2G's. Geez, we created RPR back in '01 because of the lack of 1G love on the Resource, that and Steve Jones being a dick. Heck I even got rid of my 1G and got a 2G.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Masta said:
I am the co-founder of RPR and I know a thing or 2 about 1G's, but I do like to see the 1G's stay there because that's why it was created. This place is more like a new "Resource" without the head Nazi, meaning most of the cars are 2G's. Geez, we created RPR back in '01 because of the lack of 1G love on the Resource, that and Steve Jones being a dick. Heck I even got rid of my 1G and got a 2G.
I know, I can't even register on there!!!! Screw that guy.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top