Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok remember a while ago when i made that post about custom computers?

well mine is messed up and i don't know what the hell is wrong with it, neither of the cd drives will read, or the usb ports, or the audio device i have installed in it

when i open up my computer on it i can't even see the drives all i see is the floppy, windows installer won't load them /it says they may be corrupt

·
Registered
913 Posts
right click on "My Computer" > Properties.

Click the "Hardware" tab at the top.

Click the button that says "Device Manager".

Do you see any listings with a Rex "X" or a yellow "?"" attached to them?

Report back.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I vote for mobo drivers too. Use the disk that came with the mobo, or go to the vendor site.

If they still don't work (has happened to me before), my cure all for windows is back up files, format, and install the mobo drivers right after you finish the windows install. make sure all your hardware is recognized and install drivers one by one for each peripheral.

If you do format, I'd recommend installing windows with just the basics, like one cd or dvd drive, the hard drive(s), and the video card in the case. Then add the other things one by one once the basics are up and running (and updated fully)

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
easier said than done, this computer i am on isn't the one i am talking about, the other computer won't even recognize anything so i can't even get on the net to do that, and i have no idea what kind of mobo it is, i know its purple haha

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
found the motherboard i have buuuuuttt.................... how the hell can i download it to the computer when it can't get on the interent and i can't upload it from a disc?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
ok so it doesn't even recognize the floppy drives, cd-rom and whatever?

You need to boot your PC, and go see in the BIOS if it even sees them at all.
(Usually pressing del, or alt when booting)

If the BIOS doesn't see them either it's effed.
If it does, you might want to try booting from the windows CD, and repair, or re-install.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.