Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone informed me this weekend about getting the used tires from our Formula SAE team. One of the alums who used to do it told me to check it out, and offered to buy them from me if I got them, he said they run 13x8 Hoosiers. I didn't think about using them because I didn't know if I could stretch them over some OEM rims or something. I went up today to check it out, and for the last two years, they've been using 13x7s, which actually look smaller than my Azenis. Could I fit these on any OEM wheels, something I could get cheap? Also, will 13s clear my Si brakes?

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was just looking around, and Hoosier recommends 5.5-8 inch wide rims for these. Converting 7 inches to millimeters gives 177mm though, so should they fit on say, 5" wheels like the VX?

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
the wheels will fit over the brakes, I can assure you of that. I would imagine the slicks can be put on stock 13s, I just think the sidewall rigidity might be sacrificed... I'm just guessing though

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where can I find some friggin VX wheels!? I've spent hours looking, they are nowhere to be found! It doesn't help that you can't search "VX" on most sites since it's too short.
Side note, I found another SAE club to get slicks from 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.