Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody on this forum participated in this sport/art. Me and a few friends have been practicing this for awhile, and it really gets you in shape and also really fine tunes all your senses and coordination. There is a website called
If you want to watch anymore just search the word freerunning or parkour on google video.

Bryan

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
yeah i've seen the second and third videos before.........freerunning is pretty cool but hard as hell.........a few friends and i have been screwing around with it this year. so this winter i want to get into better shape so i can really try some more difficult stuff next summer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
About two weeks ago I learned how to do wall spins, wall flips, and front flips on flat ground. I already know how to do kong vaults and what not. Also climbed a 24 story building in downtown Wichita, pretty badass sight. I don't think you are too old mark, as long as you are in shape and semi flexible you can do it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
that would be a very interesting game of tag between those 2 guys. haha

·
Registered
267 Posts
C1R6X said:
About two weeks ago I learned how to do wall spins, wall flips, and front flips on flat ground. I already know how to do kong vaults and what not. Also climbed a 24 story building in downtown Wichita, pretty badass sight. I don't think you are too old mark, as long as you are in shape and semi flexible you can do it.
what building in downtown was it?

·
Registered
964 Posts
OK, now I'm just an observer, but it relates to experience I had as a skater.

Its seems there are two parts to parkour:

1.) fluid motion, traveling through obstacles, climbing, and falling safely

2.) doing excessive, decorative tricks for the benefit of others

Sure it makes good video, but I would concentrate on #1 and disregard how to do Arabians off a wall I could have just jumped off. It seems #1 is the purest part of the practice, while #2 is what gets people interested.

Is Jackie Chan the godfather of parkour?

·
Registered
529 Posts
ComposiMo said:
Seems like a pretty cool way to kill yourself..... :lol:
I'm with John. I'd rather kill myself snowboarding, or in a car. Besides that it looks like a whole lot of criminal trespassing charges to me. Not that a cop could ever catch you if you were good. Now no skateboarding signs are gonna be replaced with now walking signs, and people are gonna have to start crawling from place to place.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It was the state building, cadi-corner (sp?) of a petroleum building. There is a badass office on top of it, well it is an office/home, either way I would love to live there. I bought District B13, ALOT OF RICE. But David Belle was badass in it. fireant, the version you pointed out in number one was basically the definition of parkour, but is debated all the time. The vids and what I do is considered freerunning.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There was two originators David Belle(parkour) and Sabastian something or another which split off and developed the art of urban freeflow/freerunning.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.