Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this pic

See how the hatch front end is like widebody? The kid who owns both these cars now wants to know if he can just swap everything from one car to the other?

Whats the consensus here?

[email protected]

·
Registered
20,330 Posts
jfrolang said:
I really don't see any widebody effect.
Me neither since the civic hatch and Crx share some of the same body panels.

The headlights swap over as i am certain the corner lights are interchangable too.
The hood swaps right over and the bumper should bolt up the same.
Only thing that would need modification to fit would be the fenders.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
The corner lights are not the same, and neither are the fenders. THe crx fenders look to flare out more than the hatch fenders do. he is wanting to use the hatch parts on the crx I'm guessing.... since I have his bumpers!

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fenders have a different style to them...I don tknow, its hard to explain. Look at how far the bumper is attached out on the hatch vs the CRX....(the hatch is white) the fenders seem to come out wider.

The bumper on the hatch is not stock, I made it work and eliminated the filler piece that it used to have.

The hood and the headlights are definitely interchangeable, Im hoping we can just but the bumper, fenders, and corners onto the hatch

jmart, he actually does have a front bumper on the red car, just not a rear haha.

I dunno, i think Composimo has some insight into the crx vs hatch fender thing.....if it works i think we may just swap it over and see.

[email protected]

·
Registered
20,330 Posts
jmart said:
The corner lights are not the same, and neither are the fenders.
I beleive they are. I have taken a set of stock ones from a Civic hatch in a salvage yard and used them on my Crx.
And yes, the fenders are not the same, no one is saying that they are, which is why i stated that they would need to be modified for them to fit.

Since he has both cars there, to end this dispute, just take a day and swap everything over to see how it fits.

I think everything will bolt up and fit correctly except the fenders.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The corner lights are definitely different. That white hatch has CRX corners on it and htey dont fit (right).

Why does the hatch fender not work? I thought it was a bumper difference.....are you saying it mounts on the door side different? This is what we need to know...how are the fenders different?

[email protected]

·
Registered
529 Posts
Allright guys I have done this before and it is possible. A welder will be needed though. I suppose you could panel bond adhesive it aswell if a welder is not obtaionable. You have to cut the lower section from the moulding down off, and switch it. This must be done for the CRX has the lower plastic side skirts and the hatch doesn't. This can be done by welding it back together. The molding will cover up most of the work. Everthing else will bolt up. The corners are indeed different for sure. I don't know why you would do this though. When I did it, I did the opposite for a customer for the CRX frontend is sleeker and sexier.

·
Registered
20,330 Posts
mattminerDOTcom said:
The corner lights are definitely different. That white hatch has CRX corners on it and htey dont fit (right).

Why does the hatch fender not work? I thought it was a bumper difference.....are you saying it mounts on the door side different? This is what we need to know...how are the fenders different?
I could have sworn i used Civic hatch corners on my Crx...ohh well.

Why not just take a day and experiment to see how everything will fit?
That will def give you the correct answer and you will be able to see how everything really fits.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, well bart is saying the bottom of the fenders is ddifferent and now that he says that its obvious....

neither of the cars are mine anymore, so I dont feel like wasting to much time if its not going to work. Now I know what I need to do...

[email protected]

·
Registered
529 Posts
mattminerDOTcom said:
yeah, well bart is saying the bottom of the fenders is ddifferent and now that he says that its obvious....

neither of the cars are mine anymore, so I dont feel like wasting to much time if its not going to work. Now I know what I need to do...

[email protected]
Yep that is all you need to do. The rest bolts right on.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
You could go one step farther, and graft the CRX corner moutning area onto the Civic fenders... hehe.

I think that when done right, the CIvic fenders look great on the CRX. It gives the front end a whole different and meaner look 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.