Honda CRX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Wow great thread. I learned 2 things.
1) I LOVE the EDM VT seats
2) I didn't realize that the "JDM" front end everyone talks about is actually the SiR/VT front end, and in Japan they use the same front end as my car on non-SiR cars.

The SiR front end seems cooler now that it's exclusive to the higher end, sportier models and not just another JDM thing. :p

I almost like the 88/89 bumper better than the 90/91. It seems like it would be more aerodynamic without the stupid wind catchers (I mean fake air ducts). I've always thought the amber lights look dirty though, unless all of the ones I've seen just happen to be dirty.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow Baker, those are a lot of tail lights.

The Japan catalog shows that there is a total of 8 different p/ns for the center piece. It doesn't say what the differences are though. My guess is small differences like the early 88-89 style and later 90-91 styles, plus all the different center sticker combos.

The Limited Edition II decal appears to be for the 1.5X.
The Style-SII appears to be for later 1.5X.
The VTEC appears to the SIR's

Some of the other centers in the photo may be EDM parts... but I'm not really sure.

·
Registered
20,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I also believe that actual "Crx" logo from JDM Crxs' are slightly raised. They are different than other regions as the "CRX" logo is cast in and not a sticker. Anything under it, such as "Vtec" or "StyleII" is justa flat sticker/decal.
In all other regions, the "CRX" logo will be just a sticker.

EDIT: Thanks Seti for clearing that upl

·
Registered
20,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Nonexistent said:
How can you tell if they are real JDM head lights? are they plastic?
Yes.
Over time they tend to yellow and lose their luster. Which is why when ppl are looking to do the SiR/VT front end conversion, some folks will look for lights from a Euro Spec Crx VT, which have the glass lens and have weathered the elements much better.
The other thing to consider, lights from a RHD car have a different beam pattern than those from a LHD car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok I know this is an old thread but Im new here :D Ok, well the very first part of the original post I have a question. Since the 89 si and all 90 91 rex's have door seat belts. well... say you have an 89 si pan and youre going to put it on a 90 si seat. Do you have to use a 89 si rail with the 89 si pan? or would a 89 si pan work with say a 90 or 91 rails? I just want to know if you could mix n match pan and rails or does the pan and rail have to be the same, because I know in the end all the rails bolt to the floor in all those years just fine. So like maybe depending on what year of rex, where the rail bolts to the pan might be different from the years but no matter what the rails bolt to the same floor? Does anyone know the answer? I asked on honda tech and got nothing except for.. man thats a good question.. If anyone could help that would be great :bounce:

·
Registered
20,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
crxdude88 said:
Ok I know this is an old thread but Im new here :D Ok, well the very first part of the original post I have a question. Since the 89 si and all 90 91 rex's have door seat belts. well... say you have an 89 si pan and youre going to put it on a 90 si seat. Do you have to use a 89 si rail with the 89 si pan? or would a 89 si pan work with say a 90 or 91 rails? I just want to know if you could mix n match pan and rails or does the pan and rail have to be the same
Any US '89 Si/Dx seats will directly swap into any US 90-91 Crx. No seat pan swapping needed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
great thread....will the left and right rear tail lights that come stock on my usdm 91 Si match the red tint of the lens for the JDM center piece? i want a MINT JDM SiR Center tail piece now with raised letters. PM me if you have one :shock:

21 - 40 of 75 Posts