Honda CRX Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Its me DUB said:
Can anyone verify what model this cluster comes out of? I was told it came from a 90-91 EDM CRX, but not sure of the model.

Looks similar to the "88/89 Crx 1.5x JDM, in KmH, 7k redline", with the slight difference of no red markers on the km/h area.
This is from a JDM 1.5, the red markers someone mentioned on this....

The red markers near 50, 70 and 100kmH were put in there by the owner to work out 30MPH, 40/50MPH and 70MPH, which are the common speed restrictions in the UK. UK is in MPH and the 1.5 being an import from Japan was in KMH hence the ghetto conversion.

·
Registered
750 Posts
91rexdx said:
the jdm tailight logo is indeed part of the tailight.
Actually it's not, it is a raised CR-X sticker, most of them start peeling at the corners and break off. The EDM/UKDM CRX logo is a lot thicker and is of different material.

·
Registered
122 Posts
hello im having trouble identifying these seats and i couldnt find much info on them online ive seen them on ebay a couple times though. i believe they are EDM but i am not sure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
great write up... im fond of the info on the jdm front considering i have one and had a question on the corners anyways, also great info on the clusters, ive been debating on swapping for a zc cluster and now im convinced!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Baker said:
EKTR said:
hello im having trouble identifying these seats. i believe they are EDM but i am not sure.
Though I don't know the exact model they came from, they are def. from a Japanese market car.
"CR-X" and diagonal stripe pattern.
You missed it on the first page...
well i was observing the ones from the first page and was looking at these and the material texture looks slightly different, so i thought about asking but then again it might just be the angle the picture is in therefore the texture looks different.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Baker said:
Some common info that is often asked about, so this little writeup should help.

This info applies to the 88-91 Crx.
Tail lights:
All 88-91 tailights interchange and bolt up. 88/89 does use a different bulb harness coming form the car. If you want to use 90/91 tails in your 88/89, you will need to use the 88/89 tail light bulb harness.

Center panel lights:

88/89(Top), has two reverse lights and separate fog.
90/91 (Bottom) fog light replaces one reverse light.
Both have the fog light on the left side.
Lights from the Japanese market do not have a fog light option.

Countries where they require rear fog lights and have RHD vehicles, the fog light will be on the right side.
I just picked up a center garnish and i believe it has a place for 2 fog lights. Is this un common? picked it up reallu cheap its on its way to my house ill get pics when it arrives.

·
Registered
20,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
1cr_xxx said:
I just picked up a center garnish and i believe it has a place for 2 fog lights. Is this un common? picked it up reallu cheap its on its way to my house ill get pics when it arrives.
If they're both "punched out" it didn't come from Honda that way.
The 88/89 pieces will have a spot, next to the back up lights, on either side for a fog light.
My guess, they were all molded this way so where required, Honda could punch out the side where the one light needed to be or like the US, not do any at all.

My 88/89 piece has the fog on the left side, being it came from a country they are LHD. There is a spot on the right that could be popped out, if the piece was for a RHD car.

·
Registered
478 Posts
So if I'm understanding this correctly, USDM CRX's had the door mounted seatbelts on the 89, 90, and 91s? If this is true, I am wondering if there was something different done for Canadian CRXs? Mine is a 1990 CRX Si and has the pillar mounted seatbelt .... :?:

·
Registered
20,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
DaMizZa said:
So if I'm understanding this correctly, USDM CRX's had the door mounted seatbelts on the 89, 90, and 91s? If this is true, I am wondering if there was something different done for Canadian CRXs? Mine is a 1990 CRX Si and has the pillar mounted seatbelt .... :?:
Covered in the 1st post of this thread...
Baker said:
-All USDM '88 models and the USDM '89 HF have pillar mounted belts.
-The USDM '89 Si/Dx and all US 90/91's have door mounted belts.
-All 88-91 Canadian/JDM/EDM/UKDM/Non US models all have pillar mounted belts.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thanks Baker, apparently I can't read :lol:

·
Registered
135 Posts
One thing i am interesting in knowing is in regards to the front end.....are crx and civic t bars interchangable?

I know that the oem EF8 t bar still needs to be modified to fit a usdm car to fit properly with a conversion. I also know that non SiR models shared the same from end but had a different t bar (ef6 and ef7) which apparently bolted directly to a crx with no mods

·
Registered
135 Posts
EKTR said:
hello im having trouble identifying these seats and i couldnt find much info on them online ive seen them on ebay a couple times though. i believe they are EDM but i am not sure.

I just parted out a 1990 jdm CR-X 1.5X today, it had these exact seats in it, so now you know what they are from :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
ok so sum tard must have poped out the other side. now i need to fins a light socket to fit as mine did not come with sockets. I might just hook these up to the break lights? i know they were for fogs but are they benaficial?

·
Registered
20,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
1cr_xxx said:
ok so sum tard must have poped out the other side. now i need to fins a light socket to fit as mine did not come with sockets. I might just hook these up to the BRAKE lights? i know they were for fogs but are they benaficial?
This is how I did mine:
Use a single filament bulb and socket, such as an extra back up light socket and tap into your tail lights.
It will then come on when you turn your headlights on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there and greetings from Iceland,

I wanted to add to this thread that in EDM VT crx you can also have the red stiching non leather seats
with heaters. Here is a picture of my crx with this configuration. you can see the knobs for the heaters in the center concole. Please note though that the seats have been removed from the car.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/4089 ... 5at125.png

41 - 60 of 75 Posts