Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I gave my friend my front hubs. Me was supposed to replace my front wheel bearings for me. While removing the snap rings they broke. His work is a local shop, no one they have called even the Honda dealer cant get new snap rings because they have been discontinued. Is there any other snap rings that work? Help me guys I want to get my car back on the road! Even majestic has them discontinued. Thanks is advance.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just about any snap ring that is the correct diameter will work. Try checking for the proper size in something like one of those big assorted packs of snap rings sold at Harbor Freight and all sorts of other places. Worst case you could find one that will work online. Just need to know the diameter, which I'm unsure of offhand.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Methinks the Fastenal p/n 68163 (2 13/16") would be a nearly exact fit.

Keep in mind these things are just steel, so you if you find you need to grind it some to trim it a bit that is totally acceptable. All it needs to do stay firmly in place so that the bearing doesn't want to move around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys so I gave my friend my front hubs. Me was supposed to replace my front wheel bearings for me. While removing the snap rings they broke. His work is a local shop, no one they have called even the Honda dealer cant get new snap rings because they have been discontinued. Is there any other snap rings that work? Help me guys I want to get my car back on the road! Even majestic has them discontinued. Thanks is advance.
Dorman part 933-202

1 - 8 of 8 Posts