Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got the gas tank from my 90 si parts car up in the 88 HF...
I had to swap the electrical plugs from the 88 tank and wire it up...That worked out great...
I also used as many lines as possibe from the 90 Si ,( dont trust parts off the sugared fuel tank) even the hard fuel line...which is the one Im having a problem with.

I got it pretty tight the first time it was leaking....
Then it still leaked...
Tighted it some more...
And its still leaking and Ive alrdy tightened it past what it was originaly (going but the line of crud covered threads and clean threads on the nut)...

I pulled it it appart and its fine....How tight do these things need to go?
Is there a different between the 88 and 90 hard fuel lines

I mean, at least I know the fuel pump is working...... :rolleyes1:
It keeps spraying out from behind the nut that tightens down into the hard fuel line.....

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ask and you shall recieve..... :wink:

And for kicks...The very stubburn HF.

Its flared, so Im not sure it needs a ring(at least I didnt find anything like it on both lines)...Its leaking right at that fitting...

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Im tempted to try some thread locker(the red kind)....

There is a very small o-ring down inside the fuel line that (the part that goes to the tank) goes to the tank looks like it would go up against the flair. But Im not finding anything on it...

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well...

....ITS ALIVE!!!

:bounce: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :love2: :beer: :applaud: :greenbanana:

I finaly got the leak down to just a little drip, and as tight as I had to get it Im afriad to even try to get it any tighter without stripping it...

I had to replace the fuel filter,plugs and battery....
And I also had get a friend to turn the car "ON" and let the pump prime the line while I caught some VERY nasty gas in a container from the unhooked fuel filter....

After that it started.

Now it just needs an oil change REALLY bad, its sludgy....
Last time this car ran was in 2002, according to the inspection sticker... :?
I think I did pretty damn good! :p

Oh tommrow morning its going to a garage to get the line reflared, Im pretty sure thats the problem..... :rolleyes1:

damn keyboard...

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
heh, When I bought the car I got 2 batterys with it, both brand new, but dead and swelled. So I just took them both to advance for the cores and bought I think whats called the silver top....something so I wouldnt have to keep swaping the battery out of my 89si and resetting the ECU and clock...

I got a small discount...like 45bucks total. Next time you might have a pm from me though....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.