Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 88 CRX that I am in the process of resurrecting. I've run down its starting problem to the fuel pump or the wiring to it. How do I pop off the wires on the pump itself? The positive terminal is plastic and sealed (for good reason) and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to remove it.

All help is greatly appreciated,

· Registered
2,472 Posts
Is there not a connector with a black and yellow wire? It should pull apart? Then you can check voltage there.

Lysingur? Are you of Icelandic origin? I thought it meant palomino? I have a horse with that name.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vteckillenzc said:
u need to run a jumper wire on the main relay.
Why? I'm totally new to Hondas, so please bear with me. What was happening with the car is that it would blow the #14 fuse everytime I turned the car on. The fuel pump would never turn on so after lots of research of the wiring diagram, I unplugged all parts that connected through that fuse and then turned they car on. I got it to a point where the car will crank just fine and not blow the fuse and the only thing not plugged in is the fuel pump and fuel level connector aboe the tank.

The main relay makes all the right clicking sounds, I can pull it and test it to be sure though.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Richrowa said:
Is there not a connector with a black and yellow wire? It should pull apart? Then you can check voltage there.

Lysingur? Are you of Icelandic origin? I thought it meant palomino? I have a horse with that name.
When I turn the car on, I get 12VDC on the 3 prong connector that goes to the fuel tank on the two wires (per the shop manual).

Lysinger is of German origin.

I have 510 horses between both my cars and neither of them run at the moment ;_; This car, once working, will become my daily driver as it will get far better than 17mpg combined mileage. And putting stick shift in my Impala is way more expensive than fixing this car up :)

· Registered
2,472 Posts
Sounds like the fuel pump is bad.

You can get a Walbro 190 oem for about 95 bucks shipped on ebay or get a stock honda one for I guess 75? Dont get any bigger than that unless you have turbo etc. I am now replacing my fuel pump that is original and the chasis has 200,000 miles on it and is 17 years old!
They last awhile!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.