Honda CRX Forum banner

fuel tank problems! help?!

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  jfrolang 
#1 ·
Hey everyone
I've been a huge CRX fan since my bro did his out his SI a while back when I was in early highschool. Ever since then they've been my number one choice, a true favourite. So..

I bought a 91 CRX SI last week(no rust, LOW km's! :D ) from a very honest seller (high school teacher)
theres no problems with the vehicle except for this somewhat hidden problem..

Ive been told that the CRX has a 45Litre Gas Tank but its only allowing me to fill up to 23 litres (at that point the gas starts to come out of the tank if I press the nozzle passed the stopping point)
Thus giving me only 23 litres of gas and a really fucked up Gas Gauge in the gauge cluster. It fluctuates from Half to full and vice versa
I checked under my car briefly to see if there were any dents in the tank to see if it could be eating up the volume but there are no dents.

What could be the problem? Have you guys heard of this before? Any Solutions, or parts I should check??!
Thanks alot

-brandon

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
I've tried running out of gas yes ...and the fuel pump makes a really loud noise like a big machine is trying to start up

I dont believe its the sender since the tank wont even let me FILL it up passed 23 litres. its almost like something is blocking the other half of the tank?
As for the gauge, its fluctuates alot but when 23 litres are in and i'm on flat ground the gauge reads exactly Half.

maybe this helped?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.