Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm rebuilding this turbo manifold. The only thing that i didn't do on this particular manifold was the primaries out of the flange. I rewelded the interior of the collectors, and built the rest from there. All the tubing after the 3-1 collectors, the wastegate tubing, and the bracing is what i've done.

Overall view of my "desk" area :lol: :

This is a fun "desk" to sit at by the way.... hehe.

·
Registered
859 Posts
:shock: look at the size of the wastegate on that thing :shock:

how many ponies that bad boy pushin?

also i bet that welding corner is fun lol

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Errr. "wastegateS" ;)

They are just TiAL 44mm's... we'll be putting the new 60mm TiAL Wastegates on the car once TiAL releases them.

As for HP? I dunno... its obviously making well over 1000whp though ;) The cars fastest 1/4 time to date is a 6.40 @ 220mph... :shock:

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Umm... :shock:
Noice work there john!
I'm going to guess and say thats a JZ80(supra) engine?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
ComposiMo said:
Errr. "wastegateS" ;)
It looks like the wastegate tubes are at right angles to the collector. From a performance stand point, shouldn't they be pointed down to blend into the secondaries? I recall reading somewhere that once the turbo is spooled, there's so much exhaust gas flowing through a race manifold that setting up the waste gate flow path to act like an N/A header can actually produce a decent performance boost.
I'm not tryint to put you down, just offering a little constructive criticism.
I wish I could weld like that. :shock:

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ollie: The 2JZGTE to be exact.

bobski: No worries... i'm by no means perfect myself... hehe. However, the wastegate tubes actually exit the collector at a good flow angle. The pics are sorta deceiving, but flow angle is accounted for. Not to mention that the manifold is under tremendous pressure (1:1-ish of actual manifold pressure), and irregardless of flow, a wg opening will still bleed off pressure ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts