Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
ha, dont get me wrong, but its unfortunate that for every good cop on the road, theres usuialy a bad one. 135 in stock crx? no way! and when its that new, spedos dont misread by 45 miles. just trying to get a bigger ticket. as for the fire ants, thats the kids fault, cops have to be suspicious of everyone they pull over, you never know what type of person it will be. i would get scared if someone behind me started screaming and flailing at 2 AM too. anyways, thats just my 2 cents. maybe 1.5 cents

·
Registered
912 Posts
rofl! pigs, i hate them.
Dont be like that. There are bad cops for sure, but without cops, society could not handle a public roadway system. Think of it, the only real reason people dont go as fast as there cars can is because cops enforce it. It keeps a lot of people alive. there harsh because they have to be. if they were always nice and let people off with warnings, no one would care if they got puled over.

Not to say there arn't cops who go to far...

·
Registered
778 Posts
Tiersin said:
rofl! pigs, i hate them.
Dont be like that. There are bad cops for sure, but without cops, society could not handle a public roadway system. Think of it, the only real reason people dont go as fast as there cars can is because cops enforce it. It keeps a lot of people alive. there harsh because they have to be. if they were always nice and let people off with warnings, no one would care if they got puled over.

Not to say there arn't cops who go to far...
I have to disagree. There are people who drive fast, even with cops. I would say the majority of people drive over the limit. I do not think most people would drive 100, or even 90 if the limit was removed.

I think a three lane road like the autobahn would work. Drive as fast as you wish. The faster you go, the farther left you should be.

I rarely look to see how fast I am driving when in town. I just drive. I know many people who do the same thing. The only time I try to really make sure how fast I am going is when I'm on the interstate watching out for cops. I haven't seen a cop, state or local, drive the limit yet in town.

And as far as top speeds go in CRXs...I maxed out the speedo in my auto DX.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Speed limits in germany only matter if you're DWI/DUI. Other than that the Polieze don't give a crap how fast as long as your not swurving all over the road. They may just be in my area though because the don't want to hassle with the paper work involved in giving americans tickets. The Autobahns aren't always limit free. Most of the time yes, but some times they drop to as low as 80 km. My 2cents anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
dren said:
I do not think most people would drive 100, or even 90 if the limit was removed.
Where I live, most people do drive 90, and some drive 100+.

dren said:
I think a three lane road like the autobahn would work. Drive as fast as you wish. The faster you go, the farther left you should be.
Here we have 5 or 6 lanes on the interstate. Sometimes more. And we have the same "unwritten" rules I guess, but we still get morons driving 60 in the left lanes.

dren said:
And as far as top speeds go in CRXs...I maxed out the speedo in my auto DX.
Yeah, I maxed out my Si once too. On the way back from N10 on a LONG stretch of interstate with nobody around. It had to be like 10 miles of nothing but straight. No cars, no cops. It was just asking for it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
as a matter of fact, last night I maxed the speedo out on my Si. That was prrrety fun. I did not think it would do it but it did.
Oh yeah, did i mention i'm not to fond of cops. There A-holes a lot of the time. But thats just life, what can you do.

·
Registered
272 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
shanghaining said:
rofl! pigs, i hate them.
Yeah, me too.

I bet REX-203 had wished that jerk cop had pulled over the guy driving his rex.

Yeah, I hope someone driving my rex with mismatched plates, wires hanging out of the dash, no registration, no proof of insurance doesn't get hassled.....yeah, I hate pigs.

(me, rolling eyes....little rolling eyes emoticon is not working..)
I second that! (but the part about the ants was pretty funny....)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just thought the fire ant thing was funny. The cop probably thought he was going nuts. :lol:

As far as cops, well... I have known many more bad ones than good. And the bad ones were really almost criminal and the good ones were really very decent.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Thankfully I have a somewhat limited experience with police. Some of you may remember that I was actually arrested a few months ago for speeding and "racing". The police were pretty friendly for the circumstances and made it as painless as possible. One of them pulled me over on memorial day weekend, 20mph over IN A BONE STOCK HF. Same town, same cop (I was passing someone who accelerated blah blah, I have a witness!) and he was very friendly to me. He said 15 over he would have let me off, but couldn't let 20 over slide. He told me to turn the volume up on my radar detector, and watch out becuase there were a lot of cops out that weekend.
As I'm sure Mark can tell you, if you're respectful and polite, you aren't going to have any problems.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
downest said:
As I'm sure Mark can tell you, if you're respectful and polite, you aren't going to have any problems.
I can attest that is not always true. However, being a smartass will definitely get you problems.

·
Registered
214 Posts
This thread and the thread about the morons killed in a Honda have something in common:

The last good decision many Honda drivers make is to buy a Honda. After that, their quota of brains have been consumed. They are left to roam the earth cursing their "bad luck" for getting busted for stupid driving by "pigs." Or they end up on a slab.

There is a world of difference between traffic law enforcement that many of you young'uns experience today when driving DWS (Driving While Stupid) and the political and social repressesion enforced by The Blue Meanies back in the day.

Do your research before you start throwing names around like "Pig." With a few exceptions, today's cops are miles away from the poorly trained, poorly managed cops of years gone by. Getting stopped for DWS and ticketed for your actions is nothing like getting beat up for a peace sign lapel button or long hair.

So quit your bitching and learn how to become a productive member of society. Short of that, find a way to stop polluting the gene pool.

Scott

·
Registered
734 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
double tap...sorry
The guy deserved to get shot? For speeding? Not sure if I follow your comment...is this cop humor? ;)

Anyway, I hate when cops are total a-holes, but they aren't always. The cop that threw out the "removal of emissions control device" ticket he had written me when I showed him that I installed a catalytic convertor was an example of a nice cop.

The cop that pulled me over the day I bought my Talon and wrote me a ticket for no proof of insurance (because although I had insurance, it wasn't physically possible for me to have an insurance card sent to me that fast) and improper plate (because I had an out-of-state new car plate on it, having purchased the car in IL and planning to move back to IN a couple of weeks later, my DL was from IN as well...he just thought it was some sort of scam to avoid IL sales tax or something), well...he was an example of a total a-hole cop. But, I went to court well-prepared and got all of the charges thrown out and made him look pretty dumb in front of the judge and all his cop buddies.

I don't think he got much of a kick out of the smirk I flashed at him on the way out of the courtroom, either. That guy totally sucked, it didn't matter how much paperwork or insurance cards from my other car I showed him, he thought he would luck out and get someone with a recently-purchased car that didn't call and get insurance on it yet. His constant attitude of acting like I knew exactly what I was "trying to pull" by having an out-of-state temporary plate/sticker thing (which he kept calling a "bullsh*t sticker") didn't really make me like him very much more, either. Total power-tripping cop, pulled me over for no reason other than making sure "zee papers were in order". Apparently buying a car from a used-car dealer and putting the sticker in the window that the dealer gives you is probable cause in Illinois.

Anyway, being pissed off that a cop pulls you over for doing a buck thirty-five is downright stupid. I speed a lot, sometimes excessively...but I'm neither surprised nor mad at the cop when I get pulled over for it. This guy is lucky he didn't go to jail...he should thank the cop for writing him a ticket and letting him drive home.

·
Registered
734 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
Actually, Ryan, it is.

Most states have license plate laws that state something to the effect "you must display a license plate.." blah blah. technically, I could even write you a ticket for it here in Idaho. Now, of course, that would be a complete waste of time, as long as it's valid....
thus, I get to pull you over and check to see if it's valid. See, I can't see those little numbers on the temp registration....

Besides, Imagine this scenario:
I rip off your CRX.
I yank the plates off and stick on a temporary registration in the rear window.
Wouldn't you like it if I got pulled over by some pig "just to check?"

Also, I will almost ALWAYS write a no proof of insurqance ticket. If you've got insurance, it's a hassle to go to the court and get it dismissed, but if you don't, then I think you deserve that license suspension for driving around uninsured.
Given the way the system is set up, I can sorta see why it's neccesary. But, it's a crappy system if buying a car and following the rules results in getting pulled over by the cops. Makes more sense to have temporary state-issued plates that are full-sized (just made of cheap plastic or something) with normal, easy-to-read numbers meant to be mounted in the stock plate location. There's no need to waste your time or mine pulling me over and sending me to court even though I did exactly what I was legally required to do.

As far as the insurance goes, it wouldn't have been so bad if it could have been handled without going to court. I think there was a way to submit a proof of insurance to the court before the court date and get it thrown out, but I had to go there to get the other BS charge thrown out anyway. I had a valid insurance card for my other car on me, proving that I'm the kind of guy who carries full-coverage insurance on my vehicles and had a current policy. I had paperwork in the car showing that I purchased the car that day, making it pretty much common sense that there's no way I can have a new insurance card for the new vehicle in my wallet.

Kinda makes you wonder how long one has to get insurance on a new car, too. I sure didn't have insurance on it when I drove it off the lot, but I'm pretty sure my policy has some type of clause that covers a new car within 24 or 48 hours of purchase just to cover you from the time you buy it until you contact the insurance company and get the VIN to them and everything.

If I was pulled over for speeding or got in a wreck or something, I could see going to court to prove that I was insured at the time...but when he pulled me over just because he *knew* I had just bought the car, it's kinda crappy of him to write me a ticket (and force me to spend a few hours in court) for something he *knew* I wasn't going to have on me. If it's common practice to pull people over and send them to court just because they are driving a newly-purchased automobile, there needs to be a better system in place.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.