Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During inspection and safety my crx failed in several spots but I am hoping I solved many of them by fixing my mini me. Yet it also failed in the "gas cap" area. lol.

I was wondering, is there a way to repair an oem gas cap? I.e. replace the rubber o-ring? Any ideas on repair?

If I were to replace it I would want a crx one but i dont want to goto a pick a part and waste $5 on another fault gas cap when I could be using that money for food! Can you get them brand new from OEM? If not is there a more up to date car that I can take it off of without fear of that ALSO failing?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
It looks like you can get the gasket from Honda for about $5, and the cap for about $20. I checked http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and of course they didn't have the right picture displayed. But their prices are a little lower than at the dealer. But they always get you pretty bad on shipping if you don't buy a lot of stuff at once. Check your local dealer. I'd bet a new gasket would fix it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Unless you are really jazzed about keeping everything OEM, just buy a plastic replacement at the autoparts store.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
xxpaulcpxx said:
Unless you are really jazzed about keeping everything OEM, just buy a plastic replacement at the autoparts store.
Whose not!? :wink:

Thanks for the info guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts