Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my '89 DX this morning and got hit in the face with a strong gas smell. I drove to work with the window down in 30 degree weather just to keep the hallucinations to a managable level. It seems to be coming from the gas cap area.

Any ideas on how to stop the leak or am I doomed to involuntary huffing?

Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
check under the rear storage compartment. you have three lines running through there
1 fuel pressure
2 return line
3 vapor line

they go there a lot and that would be why u smell it in the car so bad

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep... I checked that the gas cap was there. (During a long trip, I once drove an entire tank of gas with the cap on top of the car, with the little tabs stuck between the roof and the hatch. Since then I try to keep an eye on my gas cap.) I didn't check that the cap was working. Maybe I'll try to find a new one.

It's been raining here since I noticed the smell, but as soon as the driveway dries up I'll check for drips.

Thanks for the ideas.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ZeniceguyCRX said:
check under the rear storage compartment. you have three lines running through there
1 fuel pressure
2 return line
3 vapor line

they go there a lot and that would be why u smell it in the car so bad
Thanks,
I'll give that a look, too. Do I find those underneath the car, or do I need to take the storage compartment apart from inside?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.