Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Good explanation of why it seems like your empty

Something similar can happen when the float nears the bottom of the tank. Often, the range of motion does not extend to the very bottom, so the float can reach the bottom of its travel while there is still fuel in the tank. This is why, on most cars, the needle goes below empty and eventually stops moving while there is still gas left in the tank.
Makes sence, so your not stuck on the side of the road every time you run empty.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I would much rather have a little reserve than a 100 percent accurate gauge....
My 92 Cavalier had a low fuel light... If i drove for a few miles with it on i would get nervous... heres what to do....
when you are approaching the point where you think your empty ( for me it was when the low fuel light first came on) I got a 5 gallon can of gas and put in the car.. and then drove around in the same fashion that i always do some freeway some town some beating some just putting...and I swa how far i could go untill i ran out of fuel... i personally got 41 miles.. that mede me feel alot better as now i know that if the low fuel light was on and i had 20 miles to get home that i could make it there.... it is not an exact science but beats worrying every time you are low. . ..

give it ia try. .

Chris

·
Registered
632 Posts
When I fill up it's usually right around or over 10 gal. My first crx I actually put 12.2 gal in it once, so did a friend with her crx once. Weird

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.