Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I dropped the headliner panel today to try to track down a water leak that has been causing major havoc on my new SE. As soon as I dropped the panel, this is what I saw:

Luckily it's just surface rust, so I'll sand it off and POR15 it. However, everything is too wet right now, so in the meantime, I've pulled off the drain tube and placed a bucket underneath it to catch the water. As soon as there is a dry day, I'll patch it up. I'll probably have to add some silicon to the drain tube so it doesn't leak again.

·
Registered
159 Posts
well, on the bright side, at least you didnt have to spend a long time to find the leak! :D

later

Sneak

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True...and it's not rusted right through, so that's always a plus! :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm very interested in this leak that your having stickershop, where was it coming through? I'm sorry I cannot tell where that pic you took of the car is located.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was just a general leak. There was no obvious spot where it was dripping from. All I knew was that my car was constantly damp inside. The actual leak location was from the front driver's side sunroof drain tube. Over time, the drain tube material dries out and becomes less flexible...it had started to wiggle itself loose from the sunroof pan.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Another point of leakage that many overlook is the rear side of the roof gutters, inside the hatch jamb area... the seam sealer frequently cracks there, and is a leading cause of the hatch strut leak ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
ComposiMo said:
Another point of leakage that many overlook is the rear side of the roof gutters, inside the hatch jamb area... the seam sealer frequently cracks there, and is a leading cause of the hatch strut leak ;)
i have water coming from my hatch struts! or at least from the hole in the plastic lining where the struts come out of. also... it seems like my tail lights are leaking oceans of water into my trunk. i went and purchased brand new tail light gaskets and installed them... and im sure if it has stopped. my tail lights are STILL getting water into the lenses, and my trunk is still kinda wet :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
ComposiMo said:
I have tracked down other leaks prior to this one - and I hope this may be the last one I'll have to deal with on this "90 Si. Recently replaced sunroof, trying to get the inner trim off there going down from the B-pillars w/out breaking anything. Leaking more on the passenger side hatch jamb (upper end of the strut) than anywhere else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts