Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting the 91 green Si road-worthy. It needs a new clutch. I am keeping this one nice and stock. What kind of clutch do you recommend and is there anything I should do while I have the tranny out as the labor is significant?

·
Registered
964 Posts
I hear Exedy sells OEM replacement clutches, made by Daiken, who also makes the original Honda cluthes. I've had one in my CRX for a couple of years now with no problems, including lots of autox time.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Yep, Exedy stock replacement. If you aren't getting a new flywheel, resurface it. You will be replacing the pressue plate and throwout bearing with the clutch kit already. You might also want to do the input shaft seal/bearing, it's pretty common to do with the clutch, but it will require you to take the tranny apart.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot that I dealt with these folks about 2 years ago and was very pleased. They were very reasonable as well. I am going to replace the flywheel while in there and will price out the input shaft bearing/seal. Good idea. I hate going in twice. (Or rather paying someone to go in there twice as I am not sure I will dick with this.)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Whoever you deal with, make sure they send you a clutch alignment tool along with the clutch. Its a little plastic axle end with splines that you line it all up with...often its free or just a few bucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.