Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i used to have a iceman full cold air intake system (so the guy i bought it from said it was)... but i got mad at it so i started ripping stuff off and i broke my bypass valve on the intake to take out the water that i pick up :D

and now that i dont have that... i went and got a 2.5in piece of mandrel bet piping and i am using that for my second piece of the intake.......(the part that goes down to the front bumper..... :D and i dont know why i am posting this b/c i know it is really stupid but i am excited that i am getting my full cold air back...........

and can any one tell me which is better short ram intake or a full cold air intake........ some guy down the street from my house told me that the full cold air and short ram dinoed the same specs!!!!!!! seems kinda weird to me :?

·
Registered
39 Posts
baker423 said:
Either one, a short ram or full cold air will essentially yield the same weak 2-4hp results, which hardly seems worth even getting one.
If you mean buying one, I absolutely agree.

Making one, on the other hand, for 5-10 bucks plus the cost of whatever cone filter you go with, does seem worth it. And your car sounds better, too.

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
Venomz said:
baker423 said:
Either one, a short ram or full cold air will essentially yield the same weak 2-4hp results, which hardly seems worth even getting one.
If you mean buying one, I absolutely agree.

Making one, on the other hand, for 5-10 bucks plus the cost of whatever cone filter you go with, does seem worth it. And your car sounds better, too.
$5-$10 for piping,clamps etc.
$40-50 for the cone filter?
So $60 or for 2-4hp gain and your car sounding better? :?

I simply took out the plastic resonator out from behind the bumper and run like that with the stock airbox. My car sounds fine & runs well so i suppose for my $, doesn't sound or seem even worth it to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.