Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, with all the talk of hit-n-runs, i KNEW i should have just stayed the F home....

So i came out to my car at a store to find that someone backed into my Lexus.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Store has no security cameras in the parking lot. Fabulous. :cry:

The only GOOD news i can seem to think of, is that the side of the car looks fine, and nothing looks 'buckled'... the trunk isn't out of alignment very bad, and i could probably just get a new hinge from Lexus, and be ok. The trunklid needs to be replaced, and of course the taillight is gone. Whatever hit it was thankfully tall enough to skim the top of the rear bumper, and hit the taillgiht and trunk dead-on... the bumper is gone though to, and the mounts will inevitably have to be 'worked' to striaghten it out.

Man, that sucks.

Silver lining:

-Excuse to get the taillights i really want, and ditch the chome-dome-altezza's
- Excuse to get a Seibon CF trunk lid
- Excuse to start buying the body kit i want, including rear bumper.

If i don't think of the silver linings, i'll be too pissed... but then i'll get pissed that now to make my silver linings make sense, i have to spend a lot of $$... argh.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JB: Yea, it would look sweet.... i want to get a set of OEM tails, and paint the insides the same blue as the car... either that, or leave them alone, and paint the lens red so that it looks like a normal taillight lens instead of the alt-turd-za's :p

coz: Yea, i hear ya on the parts thing... but the drawback to that, is that its a Lex, and the parts are $$$ :( Mine is a 2001 IS300.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
<--- locks car in a batman style batmobile cocoon.

sheez it seems everyone's ride is being messed up somehow. sorry to hear about that nice lexus.

if my car was hit, silver lining would be -- Paintjob !!

p.s. the whole trunk lid made of carbon fiber ?? !!!! That's got to be a LOT of $$.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its still expensive... lol!

I have ot buy the taillights, which are around $250 for the pair (buying non-chrome, so i have to replace both, not just the one broken one)

I have to get a bumper, and while i'm buying that, may as well buy it with a body kit and have it repainted with the car.

When they repaint the trunk, they also have to repaint both sides of the car quite a bit to fade it together and make it match anyway... so, while its there, i'm probably going to have them do more of a paint job on the outside of the car... maybe darken up the blue a tad, paint the hood black in a section, and do a couple of other things while it is there... maybe a body kit install or something fun :p DEFINITELY a new clearcoat though, since the Lexus clear is so soft, that it nicks, dents, fouls up VERY easily... its not durable at all.

Damn accidents... grrr!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.