Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be the pattern that members here who drop out for a while then come back either have good news or bad news to report. Well, I have both. Good news is I don't have any broken bones and probably just a little brain hemorrhaging. Bad news is, well I'm sure it was the first thing to catch your eye.

Going bowhunting early this morning(that's why I haven't been around), I hit one of those intersections where there are two streets running almost side by side and one light is red while the other is green. I was fixated on the second green light and my brain completely dismissed the immediate red. It was still dark out and I t-boned one car sending it into another at 40mph. So much for my 6 year crystal clear driving record.

Oh, that was also my last of 3 CRXs too. And it was the rust free, bondo free, brought back to life from a rolling shell after chop shop theft recovery, blood sweat and tears 90 si to boot. Right now I feel like a loved one has passed away.

CRXless in Milwaukee,

Heu

·
Registered
913 Posts
:cry: Oh man, this makes me want to cry. I did the same thing in my first Civic a year ago, focused on a SECOND set of green lights, ran a red and T-boned.

That little EF is what got me my CRX, so I thank her for that.

Glad to hear you're okay Heu. Do you think the car is repairable? I sure hope so... :(

·
Registered
220 Posts
Man. Sorry to hear that. Glad to hear you're OK though.

How'd the motor hold up? I'm sure you'll get your hands on another clean shell soon. :)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Glad to hear you are okay and im assuming the person you hit was fine also. Are you going to get the car back or are you going to buy another crx or non crx?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The other guy said he had a heart condition and that the impact agitated it as he was clutching his chest. They took him away in an ambulance. The 3rd car in the domino only had a cracked rear bumper it seemed so she made off on her own power. My car and the guy I hit directly are totaled. You really can't tell by the picture 'cause it was dark and taken with my phone but the frame crumpled all the way to the firewall. I think I'll get the car towed back and strip whatever I can. Who wants a decent set of teardrops? :p

I hate hospitals so I opted not to go but damn my head is pounding still and my neck is sore. ehhh, been through much much worse.

p.s. jfish, rexer for life here

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MarkWilliamson said:
You seriously need to go get checked out.
I should but unless I feel like there are knives inside me moving around I'll just let it pass. I know it's not what most people would've done but when I tumbled 80,000 lbs of lumber, mangled metal, and 18 tires all over the interstate at 60mph I just took a cab home. This is far less severe in comparison. Not trying to be a tough guy at all but I just hate uneccessary medical attention and bills. Of course insurance wll take care of the bill but if I'm not bleeding and have full range of motion in my neck and limbs, I just deal with the pain til it passes. I'm just happy to be alive.

Let me know if there's something I can do.
Yes, in fact there is. I hear that you have a minty fresh rio red CRX with 50 or 60K? That with ribbons and bows tied on top will make me feel better in an instant! :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Dang Heu! Glad you're ok man. That sucks bad! Sad to see another clean rex get totalled. But it's a good thing you made it out ok.

If you seriously want another Rio Red low-mileage rust-free, bondo-free 90 Si to replace it with, maybe we can work something out. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Geeze heu!
Scare us why don't you...
Sorry to hear about your baby.I'm just glad that your in one piece.Hope you get back in the Honda camp soon my friend.
Like someone said earlier....RIP CRX

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm pretty tolerant to alot of things including pain but man this is getting annoying. Felt like a real bad hangover all day with my head and neck in a vice. I suppose this is what happens when you slam your gourd into the steering wheel at 40mph. Good thing I'm hard-headed, I knew it'd come in handy someday. :) I expect it to get worse before it gets better. Wonder what tomorrow holds.

·
Registered
711 Posts
dude thats GREAT news to hear (that you're ok)... it sucks about the car, but you know what... life happens man. Again, glad to hear you're good... most important thing...

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, I'm always in the Honda game, just not the rex game right now. I still have 3 other Hondas. Eventually I want a pristine si that I'll install pwr windows, door locks, cruise control, pwr steering, and of course an h22 into.

condition update: it did get worse before it got better... but not much worse. Pain scale of 1 to 10 went from 4 the first day to 6 yesterday to 2 today.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
dohcrxl said:
Oh, I'm always in the Honda game, just not the rex game right now. I still have 3 other Hondas. Eventually I want a pristine si that I'll install pwr windows, door locks, cruise control, pwr steering, and of course an h22 into.
Damn right.

Glad you're feeling better Heu, though I think you've survived one of the worst wrecks most people will ever see, this one is like a fender bender.

·
Registered
859 Posts
wow man, the last time i saw that car was in my drive way, i can't believe it bit the dust, i am soooooooooooo glad to hear you are alright tho.

ps did any of those thousands of parts i have you ever make thier way onto you now wrecked rex?

Thumbs up for hearing a great guy is ok 8)

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
thank goodness you're okay man! don't want to lose one of the few members that live near me :p

too bad about the car, but that can be replaced. Glad to hear the pain went down, hope it stays that way.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.