Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i recently bought a 88 si crx woop woop..well the guy said it was only the brake booster that was bad well i replaced it but when i was doing that the master cylinder had automatic tranny fluid well i bought everything for it and my brakes are still not grabbing what do you guys think it is.... i bought the rear cylinders,front and rear brake pads,front calipers, and front brake lines...need help a.s.a.p

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Wow, that's a new one. Did you replace the MC? I don't know what ATF will do to a brake system, hope to never find out...

edit:
Now that I think about it, it's probably terrible. Brake fluid is meant to absorb water in the system, and ATF won't do that at all, your lines could be rotting away, I'd check that. Replacing the hard lines is a PITA, but you may have to do it. Either way I would definitely replace the master cylinder and see how it goes from there, at the minimum check the hard lines and bleed the system really well (vacuum bleeder).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.