Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOB on Ebay advertised a cluster cover "taken from a 1991 CRX" and sent me one from an 88-89! It was aaceauto8.

I emailed them back but dont expect much of a response. I don't know if its even worth it going through the complaint process because I'll have to mail back the wrong one anyhow.

I got my new cluster and can't put it in. Really ticked off. I tried to find one in a yard, but none available 90 or 91 or hatch those years either.

Anyone have one for sale???

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Richrowa said:
SOB on Ebay advertised a cluster cover "taken from a 1991 CRX" and sent me one from an 88-89! It was aaceauto8.

I emailed them back but dont expect much of a response. I don't know if its even worth it going through the complaint process because I'll have to mail back the wrong one anyhow.

I got my new cluster and can't put it in. Really ticked off. I tried to find one in a yard, but none available 90 or 91 or hatch those years either.

Anyone have one for sale???
You need just the cover for 90-91? Is the hatch the same as the CRX? I can take a look tomorrow, I have a hatch dash and if not there's a 90 hatch at the local yard, might have the cover.

Did the guy post pics of it?

·
Registered
529 Posts
downest said:
You need just the cover for 90-91? Is the hatch the same as the CRX? I can take a look tomorrow, I have a hatch dash and if not there's a 90 hatch at the local yard, might have the cover.

Did the guy post pics of it?
Hatch is different, the dash is angled way different. A local yard here might have it. Check www.wreckcarsonline.com , if they have one, I will go and check it if need be to insure it is the right one. They have several CRXes there.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
That is a civic one, and not even near the right shape. The switches are all wrong there to (they are vert, not horiz)

In that pic, you can also see the start of the 'flat top' that makes the 88-89 ... well.... flat.

When you bought it from eBay, it did not have a pic in the listing? If not, i thinik that'd be the first hint that it wouldn't be wise to buy it. Always insist on pictures on eBay... even from wrecking yards... the ones that are usually worth buying from all take unique pics of their parts.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
baker423 said:
CRXBart said:
Hatch is different, the dash is angled way different.
No they are not.
90/91 Crx cluster covers are the same as 90/91 Civic hatch ones. They have the same switches, same shape and are the same. I have taken one from a Civic hatch and used it on a Crx before, they fit the same.
90/91 Civic sedan cluster covers will not fit, those are different.
http://i11.ebayimg.com/01/i/08/eb/a9/6e_1.JPG

Could you look at this pic?

Its from a hatch but the switches are vertical not horizontal. does this work? How is it in the 90 91 rex?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts

Poor image, but the only one I have online of a 91 civic dash at the moment.

It lines up to the dash itself totally different. The dash shape is completely different. The cover itself is deeper, taller, angled different and shaped different.
The switches are located in different positions, the switches are a different shape, the switches are mounted vertical, not horizontal.

Just about the only thing interchangable is the gauge cluster itself, and the glovebox.

·
Registered
20,303 Posts
Richrowa said:
http://i11.ebayimg.com/01/i/08/eb/a9/6e_1.JPG

Could you look at this pic?

Its from a hatch but the switches are vertical not horizontal. does this work? How is it in the 90 91 rex?
DOH!

I completely missed that.
Edited for being wrong.
I guess the cover i picked up from the slavage yard and used was NOT from the hatch. I just assumed that just because it was laying inside of it in the back, which when i look at this now, there was prob a reason for that.

BUT...
ComposiMo said:
When you bought it from eBay, it did not have a pic in the listing? If not, i thinik that'd be the first hint that it wouldn't be wise to buy it. Always insist on pictures on eBay... even from wrecking yards... the ones that are usually worth buying from all take unique pics of their parts.
Agreed.

If it did not have a pic, why would you even bid on it? Or if it did have a pic, you should have at least did some more checking to be sure.

Crappy deal but Buyer beware.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.