Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$5.00 at the scrap metal yard...yuppers 5 bux. That bought me 12 feet of aluminum tube, and some nice rusted out angle iron. This ended up kinda being a little bit of fun. That is until it came to mounting it to the car. After a few hours of wire brushing, cutting, welding, and then coating the angle iron with chemical and corrosion resist, high temp paint. Followed by the not so fun part of polishing the 12 feet of aluminum tube to a high luster. BTW, if you never polished metal before, it gets super hot to bring out a mirror like finish. Now, if you recall aluminum happens to be an excellent heat conductor...hence why this process wasn't much fun.

Here is a side view of the eye lid (someone asked about that earlier) and the new 5.00 grill

There really is something satisfying about having an idea in your head, then watching it come together.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Thats far from the worst thing I've seen on a CRX. As for the eyebrows.. I need to knit-pick. I would have started them at the edge of the hood, or made them flow into the hood just a bit better.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hate to admit it. I always wanted a riced out...or as I call it boy racer crx. So I'm just following my dream. :) I'm still really undecided on the eyebrows. I'll make up my mind by the time paint comes this summer. It's just fiber glass, wouldn't take me much to chop it away.

But, I will redeem myself this summer as I plan on picking up either a 1st gen rex, 2nd gen, or a 88-91 hatchback to restore to original condition for a daily driver.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Well done. I like the eyelids for the scheme you are going for. The only nit I'd pick would be that you are using tubing for the center opening adn mesh for the side openings. I think It looks a little mismatched. Maybe if you painted the side meshes black to hide them more... **shrug**

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I decided tonight while I was driving to the g/f's house that the eye lids really have to go. I don't have room for fog lights and it eliminates the high beams. As for the side pockets, I'm not quite too sure what I'll do there yet. The holes angle off slightly and make the tubes look a little un-symetrical.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Just put high beam bulbs in your low beam sockets. A little dremel work and they'll fit right in. how often do you really need your high beams anyway?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.