Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few questions about H&R coilover kit. It's for my '90 CRX Si. There are basically no instructions, and all it says is the springs should have an "F" or an "R" for front/rear. Didn't find any other info about it on their website.

Well, the buggers do not have these letter markings! So I need a hand. Here's the info:

One pair is 10 inches high with four close coils. Only marking is "250 - 60"

Other pair is 9.75 inches high with three close coils. Marking is "250 - 40" and they are about 0.25" inch less in diameter.

So questions are:

1. Which is front and which is rear?
2. What does the 60 and 40 mean?
3. The close together coils, do they go on top or bottom, and is that the same front & rear?

Only thing I'm fairly certain on is the 250 means 250 lb/in springs, correct?

Thanks a ton! :)

/// Edit -
Still don't know what the 60 & 40 mean, but I called up tirerack and they found out from H&R.

They say the 60 go in the front, the 40 for rear. Dead coils on front go toward the top, rear springs have dead coils on bottom. Coilovers are weird...

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
refer to the edit on the main post - I already figured it out, thanks for the replies dap, lessons and jmart!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.