Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a busy bee this weekend.

Here is a link to all the pics ive taken so far.

LINK

For those of you not familiar with the H2B adapter, its pretty easy. Lets me bolt a B series tranny with a H series engine. I am using my b series axles, intermediate shaft, starter and mounts as well.

I had to shave part of the block in a few places for axle clearance, not much maybe 1/8th of an inch. I bought a new crossmember and alternator relocator from ExplicitSpeedPerformance, very nice pieces.

Alternator is tight, very tight. I had to cut out part of the frame rail for the crank pulley but its clearing it now. If I have to change the alt belt it will be a pita.

I'm starting on the wiring now. Most of its wired, just have some small things to deal with, like the broken tps :evil: .

I will be getting a chipped p28 to eliminate the egr system and knock sensor. I may have them disable the o2 as well because I dont think it will fit anywhere :lol: .

Once the wiring is finished, I just need to add fluids and get a new seal for the tranny on the passenger side, ive learned to replace it anytime i pull the axle because it always leaks afterwards.

Anyway, I'm going to head back out and work on it again, enjoy!!

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im going to use a factory hood. Then I'm going to cut out a big center section and make some sort of cowl type hood. A sir hood doesnt even come close what i've been told.

the jdm h22 is a 200hp 161 torque. a K20 is 220hp , 158 torque.

I thought cramming it down in there was the hard part, but the wiring is killing me. Then again I would rather be turning bolts than figuring out wiring.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well bad news. The tranny seal is wrong. Beck arnley superceded it with a new number, but its a different seal :evil: I may have found one that will work. Oh yeah its the first day of spring, we are supposed to get a snow, rain, sleet, ice mixture tonight and tomorrow all day :evil:

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well its running. All thats left to do now is make the hood and clean up the wiring. Oh and i'm waiting on a new radiator, mine blew at the top seam. Ive patched it temporarily while im waiting on it so I can drive it a little bit to work out the bugs.

I dont feel like loading them one by one so here is my album full of pics. The other album is in the first post.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictu ... 2107376715

Here is my first thought:

Basically it feels like it has 2 new speeds. Fast and :jawdrop: :bounce: :hail: It is CRAZY!!! Once I get my hood fabbed, better tires and get my clutch broken in ill try to get some 1/8th mile times down.

I had to get a new down pipe fabbed up today. The H22 header and my crx exhaust were way off. The guy did an awesome job with it and kept it tucked to the oil pan like the DC unit was. Basically I have a DC upper half and about 3 inches of the lower part then its all custom from there on. No pics though sorry.

[/img]

·
Registered
418 Posts
The power curve looks a little flat around 5K. You sure v-tec is kicking in? Maybe you need to work with your air/fuel ratio a bit.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
black_krix_si said:
For those of you not familiar with the H2B adapter, its pretty easy. Lets me bolt a B series tranny with a H series engine.
Wow. I never heard of that. What does the B tranny get you? Sorry, I am still a ZC guy and not real knowledgeable about the difference between H and B tranny characteristics.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
B series trannies are a little bit lighter, not much but still lighter. Im using a B series mount kit, just lose hood clearance for ground clearance.

From what Ive read on it and was told by the Townsend bros, the H tranny doesnt like to shift at high rpm. Not just that but b series trannies are more abundant and have more available as far as gear sets, lsd's etc...

·
Registered
711 Posts
k20a = 220hp and 153trq if i'm not mistaken. (Thats the stock jdm integra type-r motor)

Also, i have heard (i didn't confirm for sure) that the b-series tranny's have tighter gear ratios.

·
Registered
731 Posts
[hateration]Can you say straight line car?[/hateration] :wink:

...which prompts the obvious - Are you doing anything with spring rates?

Hey, good job man. Now I have someone to bug when/if I do my h22. Oh btw, you have just skyrocketted to the number one spot on my most hated list. Reason being: My car, my engine, even my exact frikkin exterior paint color. :x :x :x and :x ... :wink: I must say though, you sir have exquisite taste!

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Let the Haterade flow 8)

I had planned on upgrading suspension immediately, but a few unforseen things killed my budget. Namely the custom downpipe and a new radiator.

I have been really surprised by the handling on factory setup, minus the traction bars of course. Still very responsive and handles fine. The brakes on the other hand....I cant tell if its just where the car has been sitting for 3 months on jackstands or what. It does seem to be getting a little better, ive only driven it about 25miles so far.

I would like to do the Civic ex upgrade, there are 3 ex's in a local yard last i checked :shock: but I will probably upgrade the pads and rotors first and go from there.

Also been about 1yr with this color...so you sir want MY color 8) :lol:

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here is a sneak preview of my hood. Its a bit higher than I wanted it to be but I dont have much choice.

This is only stage 2. Stage 1 involved removing part of the skeleton and cutting the center section. This is just the first layer of fiberglass. Once its fully cured I can remove the hood and do some reinforcing on the underside. Still have many hours left in this hood.

That took me about 2.5 hours just to do that. I havent used fiberglass since high school, 10 years ago so its kinda new to me again. Plus I am trying to keep it the same height. I at about 3 inches of lift at the very back of the hood. 3 is tight, 4 would have been better but its a little too high for me.

Think SiR hood on steroids.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.