Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm pretty excited about my new purchase, even though I don't have it yet. I just put down a deposit on a 91 Civic Wagon (2wd because I know you'll ask). Here are the pics...

I won't pick it up until next weekend...hope I can wait that long. It's only got 90k miles and the only issue is some rust on the drivers side rear quarter. I had an 87 Wagovan for about 6 months last spring-summer, but sold it to a buddy who needed some transportation. I missed it dearly, but knew I needed an 88-91 to better suit me. I am super excited and can't wait to get around soccer mom style! :p

Plans are to rock it stock, maybe throw some wheels on it or clean up the steelies, and maybe do a MPFI swap. That'll be it for a while...that is until I get bored and throw a B20 in it. That'll be long way away though...

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
^^^ Only the AWD models got the a6.

Looks very nice and clean....also looks good for haulin motors.... :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I read this on a post on some board years ago and cant get it out of my head every time I see a wagovan i say it......

WAGOVAN Pw0n3Z !!!!!

I love that thing man. .. i am so jealous. . . . . trade you my passat for it..... here and now. . . . . WOW So cool. . . . .

ive said it before and ill say it again. . . . .WAGOVAN OWNES !!!!!!

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow...you guys sound almost as excited as I am! Thanks for the compliments.

Yeah I've been looking for an affordable, clean, mechanically sound one for about the past year and was recently trying to sell the Impreza to get one (yes I like them more than the AWD, power everything, RS). Well I didn't sell the Impreza, but my fiancee and I worked out a deal that we'll get rid of her Mustang (yessss!!) and she can have the Impreza and we'll split payments. We'll put the money from her Mustang toward the Impreza to make the payments less. That way I, I mean we, get to keep the Impreza...and I get my Wagovan. And we're both happy because she loves the Impreza and I hate the Mustang. It's a win win win situation.

Rex2nr, here's the pic of the rust...

Good thing toxiclows filled everyone in.... WAGOVAN Pw0n3Z j00!! :lol: Man I can't wait to pick this bad boy up!

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
bobski said:
B20... meh. Get a K20 with a 6-speed and go harass the 'vettes. :)
hehehe we think alike! :twisted:

K powa!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Oh but you gotta get rid of that air cleaner. Let me see, just how hot can I make that air................. and clutter the engine bay.............
Yucko!

Other than that, great ride man.................

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
andystart said:
Oh but you gotta get rid of that air cleaner.
Eh, the cleaner itself isn't too bad... Throw a K&N in there and you're set. OTOH, the weight of the snorkel together with the normal shakes and vibrations of driving can eventually break the tabs out of the aging plastic radiator end tanks, so it's worth removing in that respect.
Your cheapest performance option would probably be to remove the snorkel, resonator and elbow/T, and run 6-10" of appropriately sized drier/vent duct from the airbox inlet down to the behind-the-bumper area.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.