Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Woo hoo! 8) Congrats! Now its worth even less (to the general public :( )... lol! Just kidding of course.

I'm waiting for my 4Runner to hit 200k so that i can get the same kind of pic... i remember when my odometer went in numerical order... 1234567... that was neat.. lol.

Speaking of high mileage, kudos to whoever can tell me who this belongs to:

(i know who it is, but i'm wanting to see how old school some people in here are... hehe)

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
I just clicked 62K. :p

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
call me strange but I think the older odometers look cooler than the new digital ones, especially with high mileage on them. plus it's cool to be blazing down the interstate while the odo spins away. :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It'd be neat to get it up to 1,000,000 ... but at the rate I rack up miles, I'd have to live a very long time to do that!

Found this on the Volvo site:
2,000,000 Miles and Counting
Perhaps the single most stunning example of legendary Volvo durability is the shiny red 1966 Volvo P1800 owned by Irv Gordon. So far it has been driven a world-record-breaking 2,000,000 miles and counting.

Oh - jaowli, not sure if you were asking me about car color or someone else, but mine is "BASF Extreme Rainbow" color-shifting paint, with a little silver mixed in to make it more "conservative" (now I wish I'd thrown caution to the wind, and used it straight, but it still came out pretty good).

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There are several paint manufacturers that have color-shifting paint; they all use Chromaflair light interference particles. These are the same particles they use in the color-shifting numbers on the new money (in the green-to-purple color though). *link*

BASF (Extreme), DuPont (Mystichrome), and House of Kolor (Kameleon) are three brands that have color-shifting lines. My body shop got it from a distributor here in Arizona:
*link*

The paint is expensive; I found Kameleon online just now for $473 per quart. It's applied just like regular paint, though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.