Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Some people have fresh struts that will push the hatch all the way up as soon as you hit the release or turn the key in the taillight. They lose internal pressure over time though, and it's worse in the cold.

New struts will fix it, they're not hard to replace.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
My hatch also will only hold itself up if I push it over halfway open.

I'd say your hatch struts are still okay. You won't see that much better with new ones, and they'll wear out soon anyway.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
The ones in my 88 HF try to pull the hatch back down...even after its all the way up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
^^ second that, got a handle piece of wood back there to hold it up. Whats a good outlet for new struts? Honda still make OEM replacements or is there an aftermarket strut with the same style attatchments?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I put new struts in about 2 years ago - bought them off e-Bay.

In the summer, I just have to lift about 1/4 of the way and the struts do the rest. In winter (avg high 15 degrees), I have to lift the hatch about 2/3 of the way - the struts do at least keep it up.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I got the ones from Autozone yesterday, $20 each. If you get them make sure all 4 ball bolts are all in there, I didn't :evil:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.