Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres the thing,when my crx is cold it has problems turning on, but when the car gets hot its starts with no problem,what could it be?

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you explain it to me?

· Registered
500 Posts
omyhonda said:
can you explain it to me?
If the sensor is bad, it can make the ECU think the motor is warmed up when it's not. An engine has different fuel requirements when starting hot, starting cold, running hot, or running cold. So if the sensor is bad, it can send the wrong amount of fuel to the engine, causing poor performance.

Do you have an ECU code?

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nahh tom i didnt make it :( i will next time but we will prolly meet soon,i think ima need help on this so it would be cool if we meet up so you can take a look at it,

i didnt mention this but my crx's temp gauge is not working

(im not shure)but i think it stop'd working about the same time that my car started with this(hard to turn on wen cold) problem.. ya'll think it has something to do with it?

· Registered
500 Posts
The coolant temp sensor is different from the temp sender that feeds a signal to the temp gauge. The sensor has two wires with a black connector (I think). The sender for the gauge is one wire that just pushes onto a nipple like thing next to the sensor. The two have no electrical or mechanical connection. They serve different purposes electrically, even though they read the same physical thing (coolant temp).

· Registered
731 Posts
The CTS is a two wire sensor that screws into the passenger side of the head underneath the distributor. The wire colors are something like red/white and green/white. I'd start there as already suggested followed by an inspection of your basic tune-up components i.e. plugs, cap, rotor, wires. How long's it been since a tune-up anyway? You can leave fuel injection components alone as this sounds ignition/electrical related.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks everyone,i apreciate it..realy
good new's is i found the problem.. well i cant say I found it downest(tom)
help'd me out. i threw some pics,showd them to him and found the problem

im missing the sensor(its not there)

thanks tom.

· Registered
191 Posts
That would definetly do it. You have to wonder, how was the car running at all without that sensor? Hmm...

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
idk... the crx luvs me lol

· Registered
731 Posts
That makes more sense. I was wondering how he could've missed the engine puking coolant all over the place with the CTS missing.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so the plug is there :? witch one is it? cuz the one under the dizzy isnt there

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i guess it doesnt realy matter now cuz u gonna take care of it :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.