Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Those are good pads, I've been using them for about 2 years.

For rotors, you'll be fine with brembo blanks. I went with slotted, but mostly for the looks. I doubt you'll see much benefit from fancy rotors on the street, and I have a feeling any slotted or drilled rotors will bump you up a class for autox.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Get the Powerslot rotors. They wont rust on the outside...they are zinc coated. The brembos rust.
I have the HPS Pads too. Better than stock, and dont dust at all. HP+ work better though, they have more bite.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Just clean the new rotors with some parts cleaner and paint them with some high temperature caliper paint. They won't rust as badly. Just make sure you wait for the paint to be 100% dry and sand off all the excess paint from the braking surface of the rotors do you don't gum up your new pads. (Alternatively, you could mask those surfaces off before painting).

·
Registered
276 Posts
To answer your question, those are HF pads. If you have an Si or a DX (I'm assuming you've got a 2gen from your avator), then you want the HB218F.583. Great pads.

·
Registered
198 Posts
so where does everyone buy there hawk hps pads from and how much should i expect to pay? also, brembo rotors. where and how much?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
And if the HP+ pads are superior to the HPS, why don't people just use those?

(not to hijack)

Also how hot do brake rotors get? I am painting mine today and do I need 2000* paint or will 500* paint work?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Personally I plan to get the HPS and HP+ pads for my setup. With oversized MC and booster and large disc brakes all around - I think the warm up time for the pads to bite will be lessened because i can get more pressure to the calipers with less effort.

I plan on slotted rotors with holes in them even though it's just for looks and the practical reasons like evacuating gas and dust from the pads and cooling the rotor are negligible on our street cars.

I have been told by many that THE brake setup to have is..

and

(HP+ for track, aggressive deceleration from 100mph+)

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
That hadn't occurred to me. Thanks for the tip.

Now I have to buy 8 new rotors instead of four.

Maybe I'll just keep the HP+ and ATE super blue and brembo slotted/drilled rotors all around and call it a day.

These cars are money pits.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
yeh 'track' use heheh with permission of course after hours behind locked gates with the roads deserted.

sometimes there are even water-traps!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.