Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here we sit at around 9:15pm EST, the night before the 'racing' portion of the FL CRX Meet, and here is where Jonny_Blacks car 'Tweak' sits:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
That car looks like it was a y-49...(the yellow paint on the front) :p
Is that wht its in peices and its name is tweak? :lol: \
j/king

Well the block is still in the car, so Im kinda at a loss as to any ideas....
But it will probably have the turbo still.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Ok, so maybe some explanation is in order... well basically, the motor that was in JB's car was getting VERY tired. In preparation for the upcoming meet and race, JB was 'testing' it more often, which led to it smoking an absurd amount. Basically, the rings are eating themselves apart. It looked like a fog machine :p

So, i happened to have a spare block sitting at the shop with rods and pistons in it, so we grabbed it, and are installing the block in the car... sorta a last-minute decision.

So, we'll be here at the shop for a little while.

It seems i still cannot get away from last-minute wrenching before a meet... i've done something similar to this at least a few times through the years :p :lol:

HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks to our friends Jason, Jesse, and David who are here helping me and Jonny get this done before midnight hopefully :) So far, we're only maybe 3 hours of work into it... and the new motor is going in the car as i type this...

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
JEEZE John you LIFER! :lol:
You just gotta have that "under the gun" feeling don't you ya adreneline junkie.
GL on finishing her my friend.
Oh and yes and "TWEAK" STILL IS a Y-49! :twisted:
You can't deny its heritage jon. :twisted: :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.